SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Proverbs of Solomon (audio readings)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 The Proverbs of Solomon (audio readings)

The Proverbs of Solomon are about the choices we make in life. God has all the answers to all our daily cares and questions concerning life. The diligent reading and study of this book on a daily bases will help on your journey through this life and prepare you for eternity.
Each parent would do well to read and teach their children the spiritual truths found in the Proverbs of Solomon. Each parent wants only the very best for their children .. "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."

The great truth that saturates the wise sayings of Solomon is found in Chapter One verse 7 .. "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction."

This opens to us the real purpose of studying the book of Proverbs.

You may ask - what is the benefit, or what can be gained through study?

At first the answer may seem obvious. The natural mind says "to increase knowledge". I know of vast numbers of people even with theological degrees who have "studied" the Proverbs of Solomon, but yet walk in darkness. There is a vast difference between the study that seeks knowledge, for knowledge sake and the study that seeks SPIRITUAL TRUTH. The former is from the "tree of the knowledge of good and evil", the latter from "the Tree of Life". The former is a knowledge that PUFFS UP, but the latter is spiritual truth that is sought to be lived in and through you. Only God through the Holy Spirit can impart this truth, therefore it is written in Matthew 5:6. Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. The Proverbs of Solomon conveniently gives you a chapter for each day of the month.

---
About the Voice: Andrew Pritchard is an audio visual producer whose productions have been seen over many years around Australia and overseas.

His “Christianity” over the past thirty years is also notable in that, while it contained some godly endeavors, it was mainly governed by sin!

Three years ago, during a very depressing episode in his life, God showed Andrew the truth of His Word, particularly the passage in 1 John 1:9: "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness".

Andrew took God at His word, accepted His “total” cleansing, and has been trusting God ever since to keep him clean. “I am a guesthouse and the Holy Ghost has become my Holy Guest! .....,” Andrew says, “... I am clean inside! But my Holy Guest is still arranging the furniture.”

The reading and production of the Proverbs of Solomon is a result of the New Life that now lives within the narrator.

[b][url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=388]Listen and download the 'The Proverbs of Solomon' here...[/url] [/b]

2004/10/31 10:51Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy