Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : DAILY LIGHT - SEPTEMBER 30 MORNING

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 DAILY LIGHT - SEPTEMBER 30 MORNING

He knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.

He knoweth our frame. - He doth not afflict willingly nor grieve the children of men.

The foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness. - I ... will refine them as silver is refined, ... they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, the LORD is my God.

JOB 23:10. Psa. 103:14. Lam. 3:33. II Tim. 2:19 21. Mal. 3:3. Zech. 13:9.

2010/9/30 10:39Profile

BROKEN BREAD - SEPTEMBER 30 (EVENING REFLECTIONS)

AVANTE-PROPOS:

Hah!

mmmHmmm . . . i could not find this book for the life of me til just a moment ago.

Between the current Bible study, church activities, and workload i may not be able to keep up with Greg on these daily devotionals, yet i'll try.

This used to be posted as "EVENING REFLECTIONS" however since both devotionals of "Daily Light" and "Broken Bread" are companion, henceforth (when possible) these daily comments will be addendum to Greg's devotional thread.

========================================================

He knoweth the way that I take.--Job 23:10

"He knoweth the way that is with me" (margin). To the child of God this fact is a source of comfort. God knows all the circumstances of my life, every detail of my daily path. He knows, too, the weakness and frailty of our nature (Ps. 103:14). This gives no excuse for our sinning, but it is a ground for His compassion. If we take the place of the helpless and dependent, He will undertake for us. He will be our wisdom in the matter of guidance. He will be our strength in the matter of duty and difficulty. He will be our everything to us that our circumstances demand.

But if, on the other hand, we are self-complacent as to the uprightness of the way that we take, we shut ourselves off from the provision of His grace. The ruling principle of our life is then self, rather than Christ. God has not called us to Himself that we should be our own guides, or our own masters. The true life is the life of self-renunciation--the life that hangs entirely upon God and expects Him to supply every need. It is in the sphere of our conscious weakness that divine strength is perfected.

2010/9/30 18:27

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy