SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Why is it hard to get people to go to prayer meetings and to go beyond normal Meeting times

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Why is it hard to get people to go to prayer meetings and to go beyond normal Meeting times

Amos 4
1 Hear this word, ye kine of Bashan, that are in the mountain of Samaria, which oppress the poor, which crush the needy, which say to their masters, Bring , and let us drink . 2 The Lord GOD hath sworn by his holiness, that, lo, the days shall come upon you, that he will take you away with hooks, and your posterity with fishhooks . 3 And ye shall go out at the breaches, every cow at that which is before her; and ye shall cast them into the palace, saith the LORD. 4 Come to Bethel, and transgress ; at Gilgal multiply transgression ; and bring your sacrifices every morning, and your tithes after three years: 5 And offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving with leaven, and proclaim and publish the free offerings: for this liketh you, O ye children of Israel, saith the Lord GOD. 6 And I also have given you cleanness of teeth in all your cities, and want of bread in all your places: yet have ye not returned unto me, saith the LORD. 7 And also I have withholden the rain from you, when there were yet three months to the harvest: and I caused it to rain upon one city, and caused it not to rain upon another city: one piece was rained upon, and the piece whereupon it rained not withered . 8 So two or three cities wandered unto one city, to drink water; but they were not satisfied : yet have ye not returned unto me, saith the LORD. 9 I have smitten you with blasting and mildew: when your gardens and your vineyards and your fig trees and your olive trees increased , the palmerworm devoured them: yet have ye not returned unto me, saith the LORD. 10 I have sent among you the pestilence after the manner of Egypt: your young men have I slain with the sword, and have taken away your horses; and I have made the stink of your camps to come up unto your nostrils: yet have ye not returned unto me, saith the LORD. 11 I have overthrown some of you, as God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah, and ye were as a firebrand plucked out of the burning: yet have ye not returned unto me, saith the LORD. 12 Therefore thus will I do unto thee, O Israel: and because I will do this unto thee, prepare to meet thy God, O Israel. 13 For, lo, he that formeth the mountains, and createth the wind, and declareth unto man what is his thought, that maketh the morning darkness, and treadeth upon the high places of the earth, The LORD, The God of hosts, is his name.

Why is it hard for people to spend time with a loving god, it is like people have set times and schedules with the Lord as the least priority, the tiredness of work or the busyness of life. We as individuals only want Christianity up to times we can handle, It shudders me when I think of people who had busy jobs yet still had time to spend time with Jesus as George Muller said I have only spent six hours in prayer with the Lord!

It seems like work we clock in and clock out that are time with God is just a fleeting mass of moments of time which could be more productive, what is productive, what are we essentially producing.

I find that the more time with the Lord that you spend the less tired and the excuses in prayer are numerous, giants of prayerlessness!

1 Corinthians 3:12 KJV
Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

Most People only want to go with God so far, this done not mean our work is useful, in fact God will our gifts and daily chores with prayer.

I once answered how much time could I spend with God if I had the busiest schedule?

I so want are prayer meetings to go beyond usual time barriers and I want my life to go beyond that time barrier but I want to use my skills and talents to gods glory

2010/9/25 16:28Profile

Re: Why is it hard to get people to go to prayer meetings and to go beyond normal Mee

My people perish for a lack of vision.

Be merciful to God's people.

Consider a baby trying to walk and keeps falling short of the glory of walking normally. It's very much the same as believers, many don't know how to walk properly let alone have a desire to go to a prayer meeting. Most have been taught to give give give give to the church, and hardly anything that has to with the cross of Christ.

Basically it's those that have been in the "way" for a long time and know the right way and won't go further that are hindering those that are longing for some hem of truth to come their way. Judgment will come to that stubborn group so that righteousness will rain down to the hungry at heart. Then you'll see the prayer meetings fill up. But in the mean time, it's just the two or three that are seeking God, not because we are special but because we have been chosen to stand with the feeble minded man who's faith is weak.

In this generation of judgmental minded Christians who seem to want the world to pay for it's sins and die, it's important that this world understands that there is a Christ that died for them and mercy is still being extended by those that have His Spirit abiding in them.

2010/9/25 16:53

Re: Why is it hard to get people to go to prayer meetings and to go beyond normal Mee

HI deltadom,

I know personally that you are a prayer warrior. If you ask almost anyone in the ministry about prayer meetings, they will tell you its the least attendded of all the meetings. IN the other thread about the remnant, Tozer speaks of this point. We hold a call in prayer conference on a Tuesday night, we have been doing it for about three years. We average about 20. I thank God for those prayer warriors, but think about it, on this site alone, at any one time, there is about 60 people on and we advertise on here every Tuesday. People always acknowledge how important it is, then not show up. Its sad, but its an indication of the low state of Spirituality and the crisis the church is in..........brother Frank

2010/9/25 17:05

Re:

The sign on our refrigerator says " Why pray when you can worry"

2010/9/25 17:41
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Quote:
But in the mean time, it's just the two or three that are seeking God, not because we are special but because we have been chosen to stand with the feeble minded man who's faith is weak.

Thanks for standing with me snuf :)

2010/9/25 17:47Profile

Re:

"Why pray when you can worry" I like that.......brother Frank

2010/9/25 19:27

Re:

DeltaDom said,
"Why is it hard for people to spend time with a loving god, it is like people have set times and schedules with the Lord as the least priority, the tiredness of work or the busyness of life. We as individuals only want Christianity up to times we can handle, It shudders me when I think of people who had busy jobs yet still had time to spend time with Jesus as George Muller said I have only spent six hours in prayer with the Lord!"

2Co 10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

It is not healthy to compare yourself or others with other people. By lamenting what others are not doing you are commending yourself. We all fall short my brother and no one has anything to commend themselves about.

Psa 34:2 My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.

Encouraging the Saints is in scarce supply today, the opposite is plentiful.

2Co 10:17 But he that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

2010/9/26 21:00

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy