SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Mans will

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

If God wishes for all men to be saved, why would the Spirit open the eyes of some and *not* open the eyes of others?

Tit 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

I would suggest that if God would have all men to be saved yet all men will not be saved, then there must be a missing ingredient that is not dependent upon God. And I believe that is man's will. Man must choose to repent, must choose to believe, must choose to follow.

Do you have children? If you do, you know what I am saying.

2010/9/25 22:53
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

If I might interject: The question if a man has free will or not seems mostly academic in nature. The only thing Scripture seems concerned with asking, at least in my eyes, is whether or not you are serving the Lord with whatever you do have, whether it be free or not?

Forgive me if such seems to child like.

2010/9/26 0:52Profile
EverestoSama

Re:

Quote:
That is my point(the rich ruler).Why do some see and choose the prince of the world over the creator?

"They loved their sin, and wanted to stay in it" -Paris Reidhead

That's the best I can figure.

2010/9/26 9:49Profile

Re:

If the "election" power of God intervenes in a man's life while he is on heroin and instantly delivers him from the control of it (no withdrawal at all) and most importantly delivers him into the kingdom of His marvelous Son, then why can't this power of God keep this person from falling back into the same sin or some other kind of sin, during their walk?

The greatest miracle is to be converted, regenerated and become a child of God. So, if this is done solely and only by God, then where is this power and grace to keep the same?

Answer: It was a choice on our part at the beginning and it will continue to be our choice until we die. And yet, there is nothing to boast in except Jesus Christ. This is not confusing.

Why did Jesus waste His time with the Rich Young Ruler if he was not part of the elect? Because Jesus wanted to let him know that he had a choice and He even counseled him as to what the right choice would be.

Some prefer selfishness and pride and choose it and some see the wisdom in choosing God's grace and repent.

2010/9/29 10:03
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

From experience, from being the worst of sinners, I did not choose to repent,believe, follow Jesus at all, he choose me I did not choose him. He gave me a new heart. I don't understand it all but I do understand from experience that my choice was always wicked until God gave be a new heart and put his spirit in me as I was born from above.And it is him who keeps me on the way, fool that I am.

2010/9/29 11:15Profile

Re:

My story is different. Through a series of events in my life the Lord brought me to this place.

I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore CHOOSE life, that both thou and thy seed may live: Deut. 30:19

By HIS grace, I chose LIFE (HIM).

Many are called, but few are chosen. Matt. 22:14

To me that means All are called, but few receive Him.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: John 1:12.

First I received Him, then He gave me the Power.

In my situation there was an incredible Satanic struggle. I believe the Enemy knows when the Holy Spirit is making a "play" for someone, because the Satanic struggle intensifies. Why would a Satanic struggle intensify for a soul if Satan knows he can do nothing about it? Maybe, because of his experience with souls.

2010/9/29 11:29
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

I believe Satan struggles against everything God does because of his rebelliousness. I also had the powers of Hell come against me during conversion in supernatural ways. One example is that I was assaulted by the evil spirits of a witch who sought to manipulate me for evil purposes. He asked me why I didn't want to go do wicked things with him and out of my mouth popped "I am going to be a priest." That was inspired, I had no Idea I would be in a kingdom of priests, I hardly knew who Jesus was, yet I was already trusting him. He said "you can do anything you want before becoming a priest." I was silent to his reply. Half a year later I read Mere Christianity and the Spirit of God witnessed powerfully to my spirit the truth of Jesus, and a desire was awakened in me for God. I honestly do not believe my will, choice, desire, had any part in my salvation at all. I have much testimony like this of the grace and mercy of God. This is just the tip of the Iceberg of how he called, chose, and keeps me. I do not deserve it. I have been horrible in the most vile ways. And Yet he changed me. Amazing Grace. I do love you Pilgrim.

2010/9/29 11:59Profile

Re:

I think we are probably saying the same thing in different ways. I felt uncommonly empowered the hour before my conversion. I felt a strengthening of my will for the first time in my life to refuse the peer pressure of man. And, similarly, I felt a desire inside for Jesus. Before, this particular weekend, I had no desire for God, I was not looking for Him at all. And, I did not start looking for Him on this weekend, either. He truly is the Great Initiator and revealed Himself to me. He gave me incredible grace to say no to the enemy and yes to Him. I do not remember Him taking me over and making me follow Him, though. I do not remember my will being violated by Him. So, maybe we are in 90% agreement. I believe though, that we are in 100% agreement that there is no one else like Him.

2010/9/29 12:37
whyme

Re:

Jesus answers the very same simple question that was originaly asked in this post ( why do some believe and why do some not? ) in this way:

Jhn 8:42 Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I came not of my own accord, but he sent me.

Jhn 8:43 Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot bear to hear my word.

Jhn 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Jhn 8:45 But because I tell the truth, you do not believe me.

Jhn 8:46 Which one of you convicts me of sin? If I tell the truth, why do you not believe me?

Jhn 8:47 Whoever is of God hears the words of God. The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of God."

2010/9/29 14:46Profile
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

Quote:
I believe though, that we are in 100% agreement that there is no one else like Him.

And it is this agreement that the word speaks of.

Therefore I, the prisoner of the Lord, implore you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love,being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Ephesians 4:1-3

I believe that what we both understand that it is God that is the cause of our salvation. The author of our redemption. Therefore we can only boast in the Lord Jesus Christ.
He is worthy of all honor and praise!

2010/9/29 17:16Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy