SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Mans will

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
walkthewalk

NC

Mans will

Has anyone ever asked themselves,why?.Why did I yield to christ,while others remain under Gods wrath.What made us different?I am not better than anyone else,yet some turn and some dont.

2010/9/24 8:39Profile

Re: Mans will

This is a subject that has been asked since the dawn of time. And the most argued about because you have several camps that believe differently on this, but the majority fall into two groups.

One group believes we have no choice in the matter that election is by God's design, and

Two, this group believes we have a choice in the matter and we decide whether to receive the gospel message or not.

From these two groups will form the basis of this thread.

I fall in both groups because I can see how that God gives us the power to choose Him by election. Though it may look like I had a choice, but in reality it was God's gracious power and mercy being extended towards me caused me to choose Him or better yet, caused me to fall on my face before Him and confess indeed that I am sinner in need of His remedy... Christ.

2010/9/24 8:46
walkthewalk

NC

Re:

I believe ALL are given the same chance.That is what makes me ask why.

2010/9/24 9:12Profile
TrueWitness

Re:

Quote:
2 Cor 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost. 2 Cor 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

It is God who reveals the truth of the gospel to men's darkened minds. After that, men choose to believe or not. Men can't and won't choose before God reveals His truth. God takes the initiative here. Man cannot take credit for his own salvation. Man would never have chosen salvation if God had not first revealed the truth. God does not force His will on man but rather simply shines His light on man's conscience. To my mind, this is where Calvinism and Arminianism meet. God is sovereign AND man has a free will.

2010/9/24 9:50Profile
walkthewalk

NC

Re:

I agree with you.But that still leaves the question.If the same light is given to all,what is the difference.

2010/9/24 10:21Profile
rnieman

Re:

John 3: 19-20

19“This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil. 20“For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.

James 4:6

But He gives a greater grace. Therefore it says, "GOD IS OPPOSED TO THE PROUD, BUT GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE."

God gives grace to the people who humble themselves, but issues the law to the proud

Luke 10:17-22

17As He was setting out on a journey, a man ran up to Him and knelt before Him, and asked Him, “Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” 18And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone. 19“You know the commandments, ‘DO NOT MURDER, DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, DO NOT STEAL, DO NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, Do not defraud, HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER.’” 20And he said to Him, “Teacher, I have kept all these things from my youth up.” 21Looking at him, Jesus felt a love for him and said to him, “One thing you lack: go and sell all you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.” 22But at these words he was saddened, and he went away grieving, for he was one who owned much property.

God does the wooing and drawing, removes our heart of stone and grants all of us a heart of flesh to receive the light, but men choose to reject and hate God.

2010/9/24 10:30Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

The difference is the Spirit of God. The Spirit opens the eye of some, while He does not open the eyes of others. See John 6.

2010/9/24 10:32Profile
rnieman

Re:

In the parable of the rich ruler, the ruler's eyes were opened, and he chose to reject. Russ

2010/9/24 10:45Profile
walkthewalk

NC

Re:

That is my point(the rich ruler).Why do some see and choose the prince of the world over the creator.

2010/9/24 10:51Profile

Re:

Quote:
The difference is the Spirit of God. The Spirit opens the eye of some, while He does not open the eyes of others. See John 6.

Like the child that keeps asking, Why?

Reading the above quote still demands an answer from that childlike question from the first poster, Why?

2010/9/24 11:40

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy