SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : A Letter to a False Prophet in the Church

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
But nowhere in Scripture are false prophets ever commanded to repent.

Perhaps the word "command" is misapplied. Maybe it's more like they haven't been given the opportunity to repent.

The Pharisees give us a clear example of this.

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers (lawyers here is not the same lawyers we have today, rather those who interpreted Moses Law)! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Opportunity for repentance is taken away from these people because God doesn't want to save them, heal them or really have anything to do with them, they disgust Him because they hide the truth in unrighteousness.

Matthew 13:15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes THEY have closed; for fear that at any time THEY should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

This is really something. They put their hands up to their ears and say, "we don't want to hear about the way of life". Then they shield their eyes, saying, "we don't want to SEE Jesus".

Revelation 6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and HIDE US from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

I am glad that I sat under Pastors that troubled me.

2010/9/24 9:30
HUMBLESEEKER

Lakewood CO,

Re:

I see them also Jimmy they are everywhere in the church in America. My God have mercy on us all and expose them and replace them with true prophets who turn the people from there sin!

2010/9/24 9:39Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Great post, Jimmy.

I would like to make a comment about this sentence:

Quote:
What makes you false is that for all your speaking, you never begin to declare the word of the Lord. For you are just too busy declaring everything else.

Perhaps it could be modified to be more specific? It seems too general and open to a wide variation of interpretations.

The other: you said scripture does not indicate that false prophets will repent which brings me to this verse that troubles many - Hebrews 6:6: "and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame." I am wondering how many false prophets actually started out being Biblically correct? Now that they are false prophets is merely the conclusion of a life that persistently refused to listen to the call, conviction from the Holy Spirit. Perhaps that is why it says it is impossible to renew them to repentance because they have worked to teach others in how to fight God. Is it not true that the most effective teachers of this sort are those who are intimately acquainted with the WORD? One does not have to look far to find that the ones who are the greatest advocates for perverse doctrines are those whose roots were in church/Christianity at some point in life. Of course, you were not talking about these 'big guys' - you were referring to the people in our midst...

What say, Jimmy?

ginnyrose

2010/9/24 9:56Profile
PassingThru

Re:

Quote:
But nowhere in Scripture are false prophets ever commanded to repent.

Adding to Snuf's list:-

Revelations 2:20-21 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed to idols.

And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she did not.

PassingThru

2010/9/24 10:04Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Good point - did not think about this verse when I posted.

However, have you ever heard of a false prophet repenting? Are there any such testimonies in the history of the church? or in the OT?

2010/9/24 10:11Profile

Re:

Quote:
What makes you false is that for all your speaking, you never begin to declare the word of the Lord. For you are just too busy declaring everything else

When I read that Ginnie, I took that to mean everything that doesn't really matter. For example, "where did Cain get his wife", the psychology and the humanity of Jesus, teachings that are meant to steer us away from the divine fellowship. Filling our minds with information that won't cause us to grow more in grace and in the knowledge of Jesus Christ.

2010/9/24 10:55
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

Perhaps it could be modified to be more specific? It seems too general and open to a wide variation of interpretations.

Well, I have in mind what I laid out in the middle of the letter, about the things they leave out, as they would rather talk about other things.

Quote:

The other: you said scripture does not indicate that false prophets will repent which brings me to this verse that troubles many - Hebrews 6:6: "and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame." I am wondering how many false prophets actually started out being Biblically correct?

I'm not certain if the Hebrews 6:4-6 passage applies to them, but, I imagine it could. I personally believe I've seen some people who were the real deal go sour. It's a sad thing to see.

Quote:

One does not have to look far to find that the ones who are the greatest advocates for perverse doctrines are those whose roots were in church/Christianity at some point in life.

No doubt. Some such persons I've met remind me of individuals who have gone through a bitter divorce. They have nothing positive whatsoever to say about their former spouse. All they can do is raise up the negative.

Quote:

Of course, you were not talking about these 'big guys' - you were referring to the people in our midst...

Indeed. Few of us will ever have the chance to interact with the big guys. It is those in our midst we must keep an eye out for.

2010/9/24 12:21Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

Revelations 2:20-21 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed to idols.

And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she did not.

PassingThru

A good verse to consider. While I would personally never put a false prophet outside of the realm of God's grace, this verse is at least a tangible Scriptural testimony that there is still grace for them.

It is still interesting to note, however, the lack of appeal God makes towards those who are false prophets, and likewise, the lack of turning unto God that exists amongst false prophets. Most notes sung about false prophets in the Scriptures are combative in nature, and more interest is given to their extermination than their conversion.

But, I believe there is still room for them at the table of the kingdom of God, if they would but turn away from what they are.

2010/9/24 12:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy