Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Last Day Evidence

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
RainMan

Re:

One thing that we should bare in mind that Eddie Long is not the only party involved. While we hope and pray he is innocent and the truth comes out lest not forget the young men in this case also. Maybe Eddie is innocent maybe he is guilty. but we cant dismiss the young men and simply say "innocent until proven guilty". what if Eddie clears his name with the money and resources available to him but was really guilty of pedophile sodomy. think of the countless young men he would go on to harm if he is never brought to justice.

This is why we must really pray for the lord to do justice as we cannot place our faith on this earthly judicial system. Nobody wins in cases like this

2010/9/30 11:57Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

HomeSkoolDad,

I find your reactions on this thread baffling, especially the ones directed towards me.

I sense you are angry? I also sense you must be reacting to something other then what I merely said. Your reaction generates more questions and they ain't pretty.

You have a good day, brother.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2010/9/30 12:08Profile
davym

Re:

This is just more trash churned out by a media/press obsessed with filth. Whether this particular story is true or not it still makes a good story for the world to read. We would do well to not get caught up in it. Better to focus on the good work that pastors do. We never hear about that in the newspapers do we? yet this represents the vast majority of those working in the ministry.

Think of the pastors ministering faithfully in churches with dwindling congregations. Getting up early to visit those in hospital, home visits, funerals and on it goes.

The world loves to knock people down, especially those who they feel put themselves on a moral pedestal. I think the world enjoys it because somewhere in their sub-conscience it makes them feel justified in their own sin. It therefore sells newspapers.

As many have said, this guy Eddie Long needs prayed for, guilty or innocent.

2010/9/30 12:14Profile

Re:

Amen! A few people get it. Thats refreshing.

Miss Ginny, I am not angry at you. I just know what false accusations can do to a person, and I see it mostly in the church. And justifying it by saying "well, he's a false teacher anyway" does not make it any less of a sin.

2010/9/30 12:30

Re:

Quote:
I just know what false accusations can do to a person, and I see it mostly in the church

If you had sons in his church mentoring program would you let them continue?

2010/9/30 18:35
RainMan

Re:

Good point Rev__Enue thats what i have been trying to say. If we say innocent till proven guilty for eddy long does that mean we automatically label the plantiffs as lairs until proven truthful? In a case of sexual abuse where should our concern predominantly lie?

I still maintain Eddie Long is a false teacher. Eddie is a divorced bishop but does the bible not say "husband of one wife", "Above reproach"

Love and hypocrisy are too different things. Jesus could have walked into the temple seen the money changers and call them aside quietly to have a word but he didnt.

The point about being a false prophet is missed by many. The point i make is this

I have said to people and some may or not agree that paula white, eddie long, td jakes, myles monroe, keneth copeland, creflo dollar and joel osteen, joyce meyer are all either false teachers or have been deceived by them.

The bible outlines covetousness as one of the many traits of a false teacher. Prosperity teachers teach covetousness in place of what the bible teaches about contentment. But its not only covetousness, sexually imorality and divorce rates are very high amongst such ministers and even amongst their congregations.
From what i see in the bible about how a bishop is to conduct his affairs, Eddie long to me is no saint. I strongly feel that if a bishop is not able to reconcile his own home (divorced) he really is not in a position to teach others about the love of God. This doesn't mean divorced Christians are any different from anyone else but as a shepherd he must live what he preaches to others and be above reproach.

Too many people have been deceived by emotionally charged covetous demonically inspired doctrine that is beamed into their homes. We have this "Touch not my anointed" attitude that prevent charlatans being scrutinized by God word. People like Eddie long apply grace to themselves but use legalism and fear tactics to force members into tithing that pays for 15 thousand seater auditoriums, private jets, rolls royces, rolex watches, million dollar mansions.
Can you honestly say men who live as such are preaching the same gospel as the apostles?

The prosperity Gospel is a hoax. The proponents of it have a high divorce and sexual immorality rate than they should. Whether Eddie is guilty or not we should still pray that his eyes are opened to the truth of Gods word.

I repeat again I judge no man. I simply do as exhorted in the bible to do "Mark and Avoid" if anyone says to be they read their bible and cant find any evidence from biblical teachings that Eddie is a snake oil sales man then i will meekly simply disagree.

Oh, that the lord may search me and know me and see if i have any wicked ways. My prayer is that the lord pours his fire on his church and consume every single impurity and abomination that stands and exhorts itself above the knowledge of Gods word

2010/10/1 5:31Profile
Koheleth

NC

Re:

Quote:
If you had sons in his church mentoring program would you let them continue?

Quote:
If we say innocent till proven guilty for eddy long does that mean we automatically label the plantiffs as lairs until proven truthful? In a case of sexual abuse where should our concern predominantly lie?

I think you miss the point. In a case like this, do we allow the presence of accusations to mean nothing. No. It is not improper to ask the pastor to slow down until the air clears. This could mean modifying his schedule and contacts until he is either vindicated or found guilty. Nothing wrong with that--in fact it is probably a wise course. And do we say the plaintiffs are liars? Why go to extremes? Neither party is labelled with being innocent or guilty until the case has been heard. We have two parties claiming their statements are right, so we must postpone judgment until the time for judgment has come, which is this case will likely involve the courts, although it could be resolved before then.

Given the history of such things, yes, there are many pastors guilty of these sins, and perhaps this pastor's history and theology do not bode well for his verdict, but as of yet he is not determined to be guilty. If we allow that accusations equal guilt, then many of us can quickly be in bad shape also through whatever others might say about us. We must allow justice and righteousness to take their proper course, witholding railing accusations until the light has been shined on the situation. If this man is guilty, it will surely become known now. So be patient, saints, as James asks us to do.

2010/10/1 6:48Profile
RainMan

Re:

Koheleth
you have a point lets see what happens. I just dont have faith in the judicial system. The rich have access to better legal resources so "goliath" is really eddie long as opposed to the plantiff. These kind of cases tend to end with out of court settlements or long avoiding convictions on technicality. The rich oppress the poor thats always been the case. Anyways all this kinda stuff was prophesied about it really shouldn't come as a surprise to us. Maybe these are the birthing pains of an imminent revival in the house of God?

2010/10/1 7:02Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy