SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Impossible to renew?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Impossible to renew?

I’ve recently encountered a group of people who do not believe that a person can be reconciled. In their churches, if a person has been in their fellowship and testified of knowing God, and fell back into enslavement to sin, they don’t even pray for them for reconciliation because according to the Bible it is impossible (in their thinking).

Heb 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
Heb 6:5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
Heb 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

1Jn 5:16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
1Jn 5:17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

Any thoughts on this?

2010/9/21 13:10Profile
LoveGodsWay2

Ohio, USA

Re: Impossible to renew?

1 Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted. 2 Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. 3 For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself. 4 But let each one examine his own work, and then he will have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another. 5 For each one shall bear his own load. (Galatians 6)

2010/9/21 13:46Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

And those who heard it said; "Then
who can be saved?'
But he said, "The things which are
impossible with men are possible
with GOD."
Never underestimate the reach of
HIS grace, the depth of HIS love,
and the power of HIS Holy Spirit!!

2010/9/21 13:51Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

It is my understanding of Hebrews 6 that if you are geniunely saved, and then commit deliberate apostasy, then it is impossible for you to be restored to your former saving knowledge of Christ. A lot of my well meaning reformed brethren will bend over backwards, however, to tell you that Hebrews 6 doesn't mean this. Simply put though, if this warning doesn't mean one can fall away from the faith, then this passage simply does not have any meaning.

2010/9/21 13:55Profile
dab

Kentucky

It seems that I recall in studying church history a while back, that this issue confronted the early Church when a time of persecution came. Some who had confessed Christ succumbed (offered incense to an idol) to keep from suffering death or imprisonment, essentially renouncing Christ. When the persecutions ceased, they sought readmission to the fellowship. I seem to recall a controversy in the history. I suspect that renouncing Christ (possibly the meaning of the Hebrews text) is not the same thing as "being taken in a fault," but am interested in considering these things from a different perspective.

2010/9/21 13:57Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Quote:
It is my understanding of Hebrews 6 that if you are geniunely saved, and then commit deliberate apostasy, then it is impossible for you to be restored to your former saving knowledge of Christ. A lot of my well meaning reformed brethren will bend over backwards, however, to tell you that Hebrews 6 doesn't mean this. Simply put though, if this warning doesn't mean one can fall away from the faith, then this passage simply does not have any meaning.

Yes, But like we are not to judge whether some is born again or not. We are also not to judged this right?

Because:
Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graft them in again.

He is able.

Also, heb 6:8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.

The field that is fruitful and beautiful but continually grows thorns and briars will eventually burn.

The thorns in in Mt 13:22??

2010/9/21 14:16Profile
Giggles

Re:

Hebrews 6:3 And these we will do if God permits.

Hebrews 6:4 [conjunctive preposition linking previous statement] For it is impossible...

Is there responsibility for men? Absolutely. We need not rob God of any partcipation to accommodate such truth.

We do have to work out our salvation with fear and tembling for it is God working in us both to will and to do His good pleasure (Phil. 2:12-13).

2010/9/21 14:29Profile

Re:

King Jimmy and Dab have the right idea.

The persecution in the beginning of Christianity came from the Jews and if not directly the Jews it would be the Jews who stirred up the gentiles to do their bidding.

The falling away or apostasy is when one who was certainly in full swing of his faith in Christ only to turn away that Jesus was indeed the Christ. What they were denying was the fact that Jesus was not the true sacrifice to which they were to be saved. They counted the blood of Jesus as nothing and literally calling God a liar, thus blaspheming the Holy Ghost.

It's impossible to renew them unto repentance because God doesn't want anything to do with them.

God even had a beef with the Pharisees, He didn't want to heal them, LEST they should hear with their ears and I should save them. (LEST means, For Fear That). They knew the way and barred anyone from going in.

It's better for a man to be in sin than for a man to reject the blood of Jesus as nothing, such people are called Wicked.

2010/9/21 16:16
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

Are there other forms of apostacy?
In Heb 12 it speaks about sins that God will not forgive, giving the example of Esau, among these are fornicator or profane person.

2010/9/21 19:59Profile
passerby

Re:

I believe in the doctrine of apostasy, but I also believe in the doctrine of perseverance of the saints.

It it by His grace alone that we will finish this race. There are many things that are hard to understand, there will be lingering failures, but lets hang on to the mercy of God and repent sincerely of all those sins and bondage even to the cost of our lives, our sanity, friends, and families.

We will not be alone, the Lord will help us, the author and finisher of our faith.

2010/9/21 20:46Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy