SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Public School Students Learn to Pray to Allah

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
DesertRose

Boston.MA

Public School Students Learn to Pray to Allah

Wellesley, Massachusetts Public School Students Learn to Pray to Allah

In late May of 2010, Wellesley, Massachusetts public middle school students took a field trip to the Islamic Society of Boston Cultural Center - a controversial Saudi-funded mega-mosque run by the Muslim American Society of Boston. There, the students were separated by gender and the boys were asked to join the Muslim adults in their prayer. Several of the public school boys took part.

Truly disturbing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7-I9Qp3d4Y&feature=player_embedded

2010/9/18 6:23Profile
DHuff

Atlanta

Re: Public School Students Learn to Pray to Allah

Yes, another disturbing sign of the times. I'm trying to imagine the response (media and otherwise) had these students been taken on a field trip to a Christ honoring evangelical church, and taken part in a prayer meeting ....

2010/9/18 6:38Profile

What is disturbing? And why is this a sign of the times?

These things have gone on for thousands of years, the disturbing part is the fact that it's done on American soil, a once supposedly Christian nation.

This was a public school class trip learning the different cultures of religions in our society. It's the American fore fathers who wrote up the Charter of Rights where any person has the right to worship according to his own conscience. If there is anything disturbing, it would have been this Charter, as one day people who do not agree with Christianty would use this to their advantage, and rightly so.

A call for liberty is best during war time, but afterward it's a den of iniquity as we have learned in our own society, with the removal of God in the schools, and the indoctrination to children that being gay is okay, and a number of injustices that peoples have used under the banner of liberty.

I do thank God for religious liberty, but it's really choking us, it's caused us to become quiet, we say nothing. We know this to be true because we say nothing in our Churches, we let things go, because we are afraid.

2010/9/18 8:31

Re:

Sow to the wind
and reap the whirlwind...

2010/9/18 11:44

Re:

snuf said we let things go because we are afraid. It seems that is what we are taught is the loving way to be. Silent and tolerant. If you don't have anything nice to say etc.

But the Bible says,

"Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him."

"But as for the cowardly ... their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death."

"because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved."

2010/9/18 11:45
DesertRose

Boston.MA

Silent and tolerant…… apathy...Could this be our burqa:. "To shed it, we will have to rediscover why the principles it cloaks are superior and worth fighting for."(Andrew McCarthy)

Islam is not a religion it is a socio-political system which uses deity to advance their own unrelenting agenda. The church needs to waken to the Islamic agenda and put the spotlight on Islam. Our preachers need to be passionate about Jesus. We are at war with Islam not Muslims and need to stand in the gap for Muslims.
Jihad, "struggle"- State of war between Islam and non-Islamic worlds. Permanent until Sharia reigns over the world.
One cannot compare a mosque to a church. A mosque is a base of operations, a base for propaganda, storage of weapons, missionary training center and Jihad training.

2010/9/18 13:36Profile
DHuff

Atlanta

Re:

Understood. But having the "right to worship according to (our) own conscience", and having a government school decide to take a group of students to a mosque, are two quite different things. These young people were not at the mosque as a matter of conscience.

2010/9/18 16:57Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re:

Plus the point is that it was spoken correctly if these children had been taken to a christian church and participated in prayer the one taking them would have been hung. It is a total double standard.

I do believe fear is a big factor. I see believers afraid to say what the bible says about homosexuality and anything else that steps on the worlds toes.

It would appear tares and wheat are being separated right before our very eyes daily.

True believers will not live like they love the world, they will be salt and light, and yes they will die for thier stand in the future. I pray God will give us all Holy Ghost boldness and fearlessness.

2010/9/18 23:36Profile
Fae

My Jesus ever told me to pray for my enemy. I think it's the time for us to realise this. I know its too hard to do so, but it's our Savior's command.

2010/9/25 22:15Profile

Re: Battle is not with flesh and blood

When people say pray or intercede, it is often met with apathy at best and disdain at worst. It is as if prayer is not really "doing" anything. And so, people think this about prayer and call upon Christians to get "involved". Being involved takes many forms, but mostly what they mean is that "we have to do something to stop this". That something is usually something other than prayer or something else, spiritual (witnessing, preaching, etc).

Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

I wonder what the early Christians resorted to because their beloved homeland was occupied by a foreign military and their taxes were atrocious.

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

It is not easy to follow the Lord with all your heart and it's not easy to trust Him in the midst of seemingly cataclysmic events taking place in your own homeland. But, just as the Roman Centurion and his whole family were saved, maybe the Lord has some eternal plans for Mexicans, Muslims, etc. God is bringing the mission field to us.

2010/9/25 23:27

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy