Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Becoming Police Officer

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: Becoming Police Officer

If being in a situation where you might have to take a life is the thing that is giving you the most problems, I suggest you dig out the meaning of the word "kill" in the ten commandments. I think what you will find is that it refers to murder. Murder is a premeditated killing of a person usually out of some sort of ill will either toward that person or within yourself as in the case of someone who murders strangers. Recall that under the same law that said thou shalt not commit murder was the requirement that Israel have cities of refuge for the perpetrator of an accidental killing to flee to until the matter could be looked into.

2010/9/16 20:39Profile
knitefall

Re: Becoming Police Officer

I've had some cop training. Very fun, a lot to learn and keep in mind out on the field. Now that I'm Saved, God has changed my nature a lot. I'm not rough as often any longer but I get tough Scripturally now... if that says anything.

If you're going to be a sheriff, you'll do a lot of reports on dead cows in the road - so you'll write a lot. If city cop, each domestic violence case is never the same and you never know what you're going into - They're the most dangerous.

You have to stay up long hours and be underpaid in my opinion. It's like the military, low pay for such a technical job. So count it as service.

If you are not at least 25 yet, wait and see if you still want to do it. We really do need good officers though. Who won't taze old ladies and children for no reason...

2010/9/16 21:19Profile
terrybob

Yorkshire, England

Re: Becoming a police officer

Just a short addition - the book I recommended by Robin Oak, the correct title is, "With God on the Streets"

I agree that your integrity is all important and it definitely is service. You meet everyone in society at some time or another, often in the most difficult days of their lives - Christ lives in you and you really are His ambassador to them and your colleagues.

God bless you.

Terry

2010/9/17 12:09Profile

Re:

"Greetings Brethren Id like to get your insights and advice on becoming a police officer. Its been a dream of mine for quite some time would really appreciate your input. "

How is the Holy Spirit leading you? What is God telling you?

Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Pro 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Pro 3:7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.
Pro 3:8 It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.

2010/9/26 21:26

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy