Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Becoming Police Officer

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
4GIVEN1

Manitoba Canada

Becoming Police Officer

Greetings Brethren Id like to get your insights and advice on becoming a police officer. Its been a dream of mine for quite some time would really appreciate your input.

2010/9/16 11:46Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Becoming Police Officer

Maybe ask another police officer.

2010/9/16 11:59Profile

Re:

What kind of advice or insight are you looking for? If you want to become a cop and God opens the door then go for it.

2010/9/16 12:06
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Obviously you are having doubts about this ambition or else you would not be asking for advice.

ginnyrose

2010/9/16 12:08Profile
4GIVEN1

Manitoba Canada

Re:

Yes I intend to do that, was wondering what fellow believers thought of the idea of joining the police force.

2010/9/16 12:11Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re:

The heart of a police officer is
to protect the public and to serve
the common good. Is that where
your heart lies??

2010/9/16 12:26Profile
4GIVEN1

Manitoba Canada

Re:

Ya maybe I am doubting, I guess the thing that makes me doubt is what if I’d be in a situation where I’d have to defend myself like using a handgun on another human being, would that not be murder in Gods eyes?

2010/9/16 12:29Profile

Re:

No, it would not be murder in the eyes of God. But if you have any hesitation about this at all then you should not become a police officer because you will only end up getting other innocent people hurt or killed. Let someone else do the job who will do what needs to be done.

And where in scripture do people get this idea that God just wants us to allow crimes to be committed against us or our loved ones? A man who allows criminals to perpetrate their crimes with no intervention at all is not a godly man, at least not in my understanding of scripture.

2010/9/16 12:38
terrybob

Yorkshire, England

Re: Becoming a police officer

I understand what is going though your mind when thinking about joining the police service as a believer - the same questions were asked of me by others when I was applying. Thank God I did apply as I followed His leading, the doors just few open in the most unlikely ways and I found myself in the company of many other Christian brothers in blue. We were members of the Christian Police Association and the fellowship proved to be a source of great strength and encouragement to a young man posted far away from home and church.

If you get the chance I would recommend that you get hold of a copy of the "Robin Oak Story" which is a biography of a Christian Policeman. I knew Robin along with many others years ago when we both started out in London.

Before embarking any further you should count the cost, for there is a cost. If you are committed to living in the light, always keeping true to the truth and are willing to stand for Christ in front of others and not to be ashamed of Him - no matter what, in short to be a true disciple of Christ, wanting to live and serve others - carry on.

The most important question for you to answer is, "Is this God's will for me?" Pray, ask others to pray with you, and if it seems good to you, gently push the door and see what happens.

God bless you in your quest - in my case and for many others it proved to life changing, full of humour, hard, occasionally dangerous and overall rewarding. Our Saviour keeps His own to the uttermost anywhere.

Look up Psalm 37 v5.

Terry

2010/9/16 13:17Profile
joeSOC

Melbourne Australia

Re: Becoming Police Officer

No 1 insurance policy a police;Never compromise his integrity. People who do give into temptation become part of a system which then becomes very difficult to get out of. If you have any aspiration of going under cover reduce your social footprint on the web today. Delete facebook or any other means the bad guys can use to create an ID profile. Integrity is the blood flow that brings life to the career of a police officer. Never do anything that could compromise your integrity especially if you are ordered to. Learn krav maga or some self defense. Have faith that the Lord has got your back. When you graduate from the academy don't let anyone take photos of you. The bad guys have scouts that keep track of the new cops

Remember the Audience is always listening and watching.

And one more thing. Do not accept free tickets to anything. Don't take any gifts. Be satisfied with the Gift of the Holy Spirit.

2010/9/16 18:34Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy