SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Report Reveals Salaries of Megachurch Pastors

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Report Reveals Salaries of Megachurch Pastors

The average salary for a lead pastor in a megachurch is $147,000, according to a recent survey.

Salaries for lead pastors go as high as $400,000 to as low as $40,000, Leadership Network reported in its 2010 Large Church Salary and Benefits Report.

read more: http://www.christianpost.com/article/20100915/report-reveals-salaries-of-megachurch-pastors/index.html

2010/9/16 8:50Profile

Re: Report Reveals Salaries of Megachurch Pastors

SICK.

2010/9/16 8:59
Goldminer

Alabama

That goes a long way from having all things in common, none too much and none too little.

2010/9/16 9:09Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

An interesting report. Some of you seem outraged over this, and I can understand why. However, being that the New Testament never establishes compensation guidelines for a minister, I don't think that comments such as "SICK" are in keeping with the spirit of the Scriptures. Such seems to be born of a cynical spirit rather than the Spirit of God.

The senior pastor of my church has over 3,000 people charged to his care. He makes it a point to try and memorize everybody's name and face. The second time I visited the church as a guest, as I walked out the door, he shook my hand and said, "It was nice to have you back again today Jimmy." He regularly calls members in our congregation just to say hello, and responds to e-mail. He is very involved in the life of our church. He even is part of a cell group.

He starts his day at 3 am, and ends it at about 10 pm. He preaches about 4-5+ times a week, and is ultimately in charge of dozens of ministries within our church. He's pastored our church for 15 years, growing it from about 500 people to 3,000 during that time. He's a very loving man, in love with the Lord and his people. He teaches and rebukes. He doesn't play games.

And yes, my pastor makes 6 figures. And frankly, I am glad he does. He deserves every penny.

2010/9/16 11:57Profile

Most full time pastors I know are living below the poverty line. But I guess I don't know too many mega church pastors.

2010/9/16 12:08

Re:

I think that most pastors are underpaid.

2010/9/16 12:27
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

Truly, I look @ how a particular ministry will spend their money, not concerning myself with what it takes in. The same with a pastor to me. I rejoice if someone makes more money than I. Bless God! But, if that ministry or pastor has the love of money abiding in them, I find that to be sad indeed; for then I know other evils lurk within its walls. But, bless God for a rich child of the King who is meek & lowly.

2010/9/16 13:18Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Amen Yeshuasboy. I've known some ministers who give 20+ percent of their income back into the church, not to mention the money they personally give to other things. Some aren't so generous no doubt. But many are.

Some news people in the area around here recently got upset, after discovering that Franklin Graham, the head of Samaritan's Purse and the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, makes about half a million dollars a year between the two programs. I say good for him. He runs two amazing organizations that are changing the world, and has a lot of responsibility and things he must give an account for.

2010/9/16 13:56Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

And then there are those who are in 'ministry' for the income it provides...to these people I turn a deaf ear.

I worked in a Christian ministry for 15 years. The director was paid. The first one was a man of God. For the second one it was merely a job...

And then these people make others feel guilty for not supporting their ministry...wonder what George Mueller would say about this? or Corrie ten Boom? or ????

Obviously, these mega-preachers are not in servant leadership...

[EDIT] Wonder if these preachers will preach on the deceitfulness of riches? Or, what will they teach about the verse that inform is to withdraw from those who suppose that gain is godliness? 1Timothy 6:5. Verse 8 teaches us that having food and raiment to be content... When one learns of the food and raiment these mega-preachers require one becomes aware of expensive tastes.

Well, I guess they will have their glory - now. But what about the people they allegedly serve?

They do not sound like the people Jesus, Peter and John would go fishing with.

My opinion...

2010/9/16 14:07Profile

Re:

It beats working for living.

2010/9/16 14:13

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy