SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : God is a girl?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I have never heard of the Shack, I must totally live in a hoval or something :), I never intend on reading it now either though. If I did read it though I would hope that God would give me some discernment in regards to the content. But thank you all for the warning, but really these days I have been sticking to the bible and older literature such as Jonathan Edwards and John Bunyan.

Well Thanks again!
Matthew

2010/9/15 2:12Profile

Re: God is a girl?

God is a girl? ...

'It is good to think upon the fact that God (the Trinity) is all male.' Genesis 18:2

Um... God is not without His feminine side, else how could the first 'man', made in the image of Elohim (plural) bring a womb-man out of Adam's side; 'male and female created He them'?

Also, the Holy Spirit's ministry - Paraclete (called-along-side), or 'Comforter', to lift up the things of Christ (husband and Head), is a distinctly non-male role. Having said that, one could say it is a natural part of a father's heart to be with his son in spirit all the time.

Equally, one could say that after Paul was converted and full of the Holy Spirit, he could write things like 1 Thess 2:7 But we were gentle among you, even as a nurse cherisheth her children'. Surely this was a transformation from the macho-man who previously Acts 9:1 ... yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest'.

Paul recalled his previous state here: Galatians 1:13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it'. And, Acts 26: 9 I verily thought with myself, that I ought to do many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth. 10 Which thing I also did in Jerusalem: and many of the saints did I shut up in prison, having received authority from the chief priests; and when they were put to death, I gave my voice against [them]. 11 And I punished them oft in every synagogue, and compelled [them] to blaspheme; and being exceedingly mad against them, I persecuted [them] even unto strange cities'.

But when the Holy Spirit was filling Him day by day, he behaved like a ... father? Do father's 'nurse' their children? Apparently so. But, within the natural human realm, this task usually falls to the womb-man.

He also wrote (of men): Eph 5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. 29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: 30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. 31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

I hope it's clear I'm not saying 'God is a girl'. Far from it. But, to understand PURE, TRUE 'male'ness, you have to have what this world calls His 'feminine side'.

It is God Himself who describes Himself this way. Girls are ... of Him.

2010/9/15 5:08

Re:

Matthew,

We are told in scripture that in the end times people would not tolerate sound doctrine, but instead would "heap teachers" onto themselves who would tell them what they want to hear. That is why a book like The Shack can become so popular among ignorant spiritually lazy Christians. That is why when I recommend a book by John MacArthur or John Piper to most Christians they look at me strangly and ask "John who? Never heard of him."

For Crux to state that he wishes the author would burn in hell shows that he has a problem in his heart, for as believers we are to strive to be more like Christ, and Christ is like His Father in Heaven who wishes that NONE should perish but that ALL should come to repentance. When someone makes such a proclamation as that, which is so contrary to the heart of God, one has to wonder if the proclaimer even knows the Lord.

I'm sure the honeymoon period on this forum is now over for me! LOL

PS: Yes, wee teech ar chillins ta spel.

2010/9/15 5:50
Matthew2323

Colorado

Re:

HSD,
Yes, deception has always been in the church, as well as laziness, but look deeper... what happened to the main character? What happens in the end? What does he learn about God? As such, what are Bible-believing Christians not communicating about God that makes people read junk like this? True there is sin but is that all?

A2G,
Thanks for the Scripture references. There's also Isaiah 66 and Matthew 23:37 that speak of God's nurturing side.

Matthew G,
There is no need for you to fear this book. The errors are easy enough to discern and there are a number of critical book reviews on-line in case you want the help. You seem to have a passion for outreach so if you encounter enough people who have read it, it may be a good idea for you to be familiar with the book. It could be a good conversation starter; a gateway to speak the truth. Sometimes we need to read "enemy literature" to better understand his tactics.

Matthew

2010/9/15 8:34Profile
Crux

Re:

Love your enemies sometime tough love is appropriate:

9Then Saul, who was also called Paul, filled with the Holy Spirit, looked straight at Elymas and said, 10"You are a child of the devil and an enemy of everything that is right! You are full of all kinds of deceit and trickery. Will you never stop perverting the right ways of the Lord? 11Now the hand of the Lord is against you. You are going to be blind, and for a time you will be unable to see the light of the sun."

Meet some more pagan clowns:
http://www.grovebooks.co.uk/cart.php?target=product&product_id=17411&category_id=290

Cleansing the temple anyone?

2010/9/16 14:25Profile

Re:

What you wrote was not tough love. It was self righteous venom. Do not twist scripture to justify your own sin.

You do not even notice that Paul did not condemn the man to hell. You did. You murdered in your heart, but you are blind. Just like the man Paul was talking to.

2010/9/16 14:29
Crux

Re:

I did not condem them to hell either but unless they get exposed many more will succumb to their deceit.
Is that what you what?
A christian remnant bathed in compromise?
May I refer you to their "spirituality" section.
Incase you haven't noticed there is a war going on here espcially on the christian youth.

2010/9/16 14:33Profile

Re:

You did condemn them to hell until you edited what you wrote. You're playing games now.

I'm moving on. I don't discuss things like this with unreasonable people.

2010/9/16 14:41
Crux

Re:

Unreasonable? Perhaps before you call me blind you should open your own eyes. Then again pagan practice is something you may be comfortable with...I don't know?

2010/9/16 14:44Profile
Crux

Re: Blind

And this is what the pagan message leads to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nWmAegEYGQ
Perhaps you are blinder than bilnd?!!!

2010/9/16 15:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy