SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Which list do you identify with?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Which list do you identify with?

The Bible declares that we can easily know if we are walking in the Spirit, or if we are walking in the flesh.

Galations 5:19-26 "Now the works of the flesh are obvious, which are: adultery, sexual immorality, uncleanness, lustfulness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, strife, jealousies, outbursts of anger, rivalries, divisions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these; of which I forewarn you, even as I also forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ have crucified the flesh with its passions and lusts. If we live by the Spirit, let's also walk by the Spirit. Let's not become conceited, provoking one another, and envying one another."

I don't know about you, dear brother or sister, but this morning as I knelt before the Lord I had to confess that much of my life and actions comes from the first list. I am so frustrated with myself. I wish I could honestly say that I live and act from the second list, but I have to admit that it's mainly the exception to the rule.

How about you, friend?Oh sure, we may not struggle with some of the "biggies" on that list, but what about "outbursts of anger"? What about "strife" or "envying"? They are all equally evil.

Time for a reality check?

2010/9/14 6:55
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Which list do you identify with?

I think the problem would be if we didn't struggle with anything.

What I mean is, if we are not fighting against sin, then we will be overcome by it, 2 Peter 2v19.

We should have the fruit of the Spirit as Christians. But, I think the stuggle with sin will continue till we die. I don't mind anyone showing me scripture to show that isn't so.

Also, we will be tempted. But, as it says in James 1v13, 'Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am tempted by God", for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone'.

Verse 14 tells us that we we are drawn away by our own desires.

But, we do need to attain the the second list. It's not a list of 'to do's'.

Its a must.

2010/9/14 8:09Profile

Re:

Very true. I so identify with Paul's frustrations with the war between his flesh and his spirit.

There is no such thing as sinless perfection, though I wish there was! :-)

2010/9/14 8:29

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy