SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Its just so bitter!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: A once bitter, yet faithful woman; Godmother of Jesus

19....[Ruth 1.] So the two women went on until they came to Bethlehem. When they arrived in Bethlehem, the whole town was stirred because of them, and the women exclaimed, "Can this be Naomi?"

20. "Don't call me Naomi, " she told them. "Call me Mara, because the Almighty has made my life very bitter.

21. I went away full, but the LORD has brought me back empty. Why call me Naomi? The LORD has afflicted me; the Almighty has brought misfortune upon me."

In the end, because of Naomi's character, she found her place. Bitterness never lasts for the faithful.

2010/9/14 18:04

Re:

Brothertom says it well. Many of us believe that the Lord is at the door and that there is a seperation process going on. God has a remnant people who have a holy dis-satisfaction with business as usual. There is a fierce urgency in thier spirits. There is a great hunger and thirst for the presence of the living God. Tom says "YOU ARE DRIVEN INTO THE WILDERNESS TO FIND YOUR PLACe TO HONOR JESUS AND TO LEARN HOW TO LOVE"

Amen brother. We will find our place in the wilderness. Where everything is stripped away and we learn to rely on the Father for all things through Christ our Lord. Here is a link for articles related to this subject..... http://scottishwarriors.wordpress.com/2009/12/18/the-remnants-reformation/ ........Brother Frank

2010/9/14 19:38
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Thank you all so much your words are very encouraging and have been very edifying I thank the Lord for this discontentment now that it is Him working in me for something that He wants to do in my heart. His thoughts are definitely higher than our thoughts and ways higher than our ways. I will simply rest in His loving arms and know I am His.

2010/9/14 20:00Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Quote:
True, a person wants to see Jesus glorified. BUT a female wants and needs companionship. We are made social creatures, females needing it much more so then males. It would be a credit to the males to recognize this need in women. Too many males are blind to disturbing things simply because most are not given to detail like a female. And these disturbing things are unsettling to a female, robbing her of close intimacy with others, hence the loneliness.

It's interesting you say this Sandra.
I once heard a message that said the opposite. The man preaching(I do not recall who it was at this point) said the woman was created because man needed a helpmeet, so that he was not alone and that the woman could live alone forever! She was not in need of man.

But after the curse, Gen 3:16 "thy desire shall be to thy husband and he shall rule over thee."
But Praise the Lord! Jesus took upon Him the curse of the law!

interesting points to ponder i must say! :)

2010/9/14 20:54Profile
mkal

Minnesota

Re: Its just so bitter

“No one is a friend to the man with a cross.” How right AW was on this. Going this way, we are apt to be titled, “narrow minded.” It is a lonely place he brings us to when he takes us out of religious Babylon, but it is a better place...and along the way we will meet some of those Tozer speaks of who have “the smell of myrrh and aloes.” Lonely yes, but in causing us to go back to the cross, back to Christ alone, we also discover what Tozer meant when he referred to those who have found, “the fellowship of the divine Presence.” In losing our life, we find it – in Him, boasting in the cross alone.

2010/9/15 0:38Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy