SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : burning Quran

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
tmfaulk

burning Quran

just as a thought, in acts 8 & 19 we see the burning of books and other objects etc. one of the things important to see is that the converted burned their own books etc and not phillip or paul etc. this was an expression of their new faith in Someone not something....and not wanting anyone else to take hold or embrace what they had followed as truth. as one muslim confessed to me, as i shared Christ's redemption with him, "i cannot be sure i am forgiven". as they embrace forgiveness and new life in Christ they will burn their own books for we will not need to do it for them......tmf

2010/9/10 11:54Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: burning Quran

Good point!

I remember watching a news report about a youth group in Florida purchasing some vulgar music CDs...just so they could burn it. I couldn't help but wonder why they felt the need to spend some hard-earned money to BUY such things...just to turn around and burn it. Rather, they could have spent that money on purchasing Bibles, food for the poor or clothing for those who need it. They didn't have to take that money and buy such things just to make a point.

I have no problem with burning things that once held you
"captive." I know of a man who was saved out of the Mormon Church and quietly burned his Mormon books in his back yard. There was no need to offend Mormons.

This particular pastor was NOT a Muslim. From what I can tell, no one in his congregation is a former Muslim. So, I am assuming that they are BUYING copies of the Qur'an for their burning. It is just a bit...silly. That time, effort and money could be used for some better use.

2010/9/10 12:27Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

I myself burned my own books on witchcraft & numerology about 13 yrs ago with old friend @ the time. He was still into that stuff @ that time, but he drove me to a public firepit nonetheless to help me accomplish my goal. Anyhoo, this Quaran burning pastor doesn't seem meek & lowly @ heart to me, nor do I discern the Love of God in him; maybe he loves the bible, but I sense no Love of God in Him. Just my own thoughts that's all.

2010/9/10 12:49Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Good points. Not condemning or approving of the burning but your posts brought back memories of when I found Jesus in the living room of a Christian commune after hearing my first Bible study. We burned our records, books etc. We burned anything that wasn't the Bible actually. But it was our choice to do so with our own things. Making a statement and getting rid of anything of our past life which could have been the day before.

At that time it was the Bible and only the Bible did we devour. Sharing it with excitement a new revelation of God's Word and then went out to the campus and after praying asked the Holy Spirit to lead us to who He wanted us to share Him with. And God was faithful. We didn't have doctrine down but we had passion, thankfulness and a love for our Savior that was burning in us and all we could do was to share it. Glory to God.

The thing that is just not right is that our government is burning Bibles that were given out to the troops. That is what is not right in anyway shape or form. God help us.

Giving God all the Glory due His Name.

2010/9/10 14:13Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Tmf said, "as they embrace forgiveness and new life in Christ they will burn their own books for we will not need to do it for them......tmf"

This is a beautiful thought, and it should bring us to repentance. Let the Muslims burn their own Quran. And they will... when they see the genuine beauty of Christ in Christians.

And this will yet happen, mark my words.

2010/9/10 23:50Profile
fromtheold

South Africa

Good point.

2010/9/11 4:00Profile
tmfaulk

Re: burning the quran

my wife and i did the same when we came to the Lord. it took about 30 days to take our actions prompted by the Holy Spirit.

2010/9/13 16:11Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

I would suggest listening to a sermon here @ SI by Joseph Tson titled, "The Battle Is For The Mind." He has much good to say on this subject & one would be blessed listening to it.

2010/9/14 4:18Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Quote:
as they embrace forgiveness and new life in Christ they will burn their own books for we will not need to do it for them......tmf

Best point I have heard yet on this issue!

Thanks for sharing it.

ginnyrose

2010/9/14 5:54Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy