SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Top 100 Christian Forums

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Top 100 Christian Forums

Christian forums humbly joining together not indendependent of each other. It's really wonderful to see.
http://christianforums.itopsites.com/

2004/10/29 4:05

Re: Top 100 Christian Forums

46 views and no replies! OMG.

2004/11/15 22:13
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Hi Tom
Here's a reply but it's not going to add much. There is such an enormous choice on the internet that it can all become a bit diffused. I was heavily involved in two other Christian forums but in the end I just had to settle for involvement in one; there was just not time to do justice to the other forums.

I’m not saying that SermonIndex is the best (although others may) just that I am ‘at home’ here. I feel a sense of fellowship with many whose faces I may never see. I have experienced a real sense of cooperation and collaboration. Folks have strong views (and I certainly have mine) but through a growing respect and genuine love there has been some good work done here. ‘Working through’ issues is not a common feature of web life; the tendency is a kind of useless trench warfare.

So, without shutting my mind to other excellent sites, I have decided that my online time will be mainly spent here. The embarrassment of riches (and rubbish) is one of the strengths and weaknesses of the web. Without becoming exclusive and sectarian most of us will spend most of our lives with a relatively small group of folk, but God can make those relationships very rich.

2004/11/16 3:30Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
It's really wonderful to see.

Tom please do not advertise your site again on SermonIndex there are quite strict rules for spamming. You are welcome to be part of the community as Ron said. But for reasons of just promoting your site really isnt going to help. You perhaps should have emailed me the 'site administrator' seperately letting me know about your service. I am sure you understand this fully being around forums as much as you do.

2004/11/16 8:50Profile

Re:

I find that sermonindex is too irresponsible in cutting off the conversation so much. That is why the Top 100 Christian Forums exists, which you can easily find by any search engine. It growing that fast now. Something is happening, but few can see it.

2004/11/16 10:56
Koinonia2

USA

Re:

This is Troy Brooks, not "Tom". He was banned from here (and almost everywhere else) some time ago.

DanielJ

2004/11/16 12:56Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re:

Yes, you are right.
We have dealt with it.
Every blessing,
Lars

2004/11/16 13:00Profile
rocklife

usa

Re:

Quote:
I have experienced a real sense of cooperation and collaboration. Folks have strong views (and I certainly have mine) but through a growing respect and genuine love there has been some good work done here. ‘Working through’ issues is not a common feature of web life; the tendency is a kind of useless trench warfare.

I agree. I praise God for fellowship of His children done in gentleness and respect for the most part, we can't avoid it all, some comes from our flesh, but this site has a sense of fellowship and love and growth that I really appreciate. I am grateful to have this place to come to to drop by and be encouraged and to encourage and grow. God is so good and faithful to watch over this site and His children.

2004/11/16 13:48Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

Our fellowship stands on the shoulders of giants whose voices undergird the nature of all our interaction. It is not a get together for get togethers sake, it is a get together to get Him. 8-)

Bless all you beautiful people,

2004/11/16 14:10Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy