SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Taking a chance....

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Am_Lovin_HIM

Phoenix, Arizona

Taking a chance....

Hello fellow saints,

My heavenly Father has forever changed my life. IN JESUS, I HAVE FOUND A LOVE THAT DOES NOT COMPARE TO WHAT THIS WORLD HAS TO OFFER!!! My focus is Heaven. God is my Father and Jesus Christ is my Saviour. His written Word is a love letter for his children. How can we say we love him, if.... we do not spend time with HIM in his Word and in Prayer? Hello to all...

2004/10/28 16:29Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Taking a chance....

Quote:
My heavenly Father has forever changed my life. IN JESUS, I HAVE FOUND A LOVE THAT DOES NOT COMPARE TO WHAT THIS WORLD HAS TO OFFER!!! My focus is Heaven. God is my Father and Jesus Christ is my Saviour. His written Word is a love letter for his children. How can we say we love him, if.... we do not spend time with HIM in his Word and in Prayer? Hello to all...

Praise God that is wonderful! when did the Lord bring about this change in your life where you have accepted Him as Lord? yes we need to spend time with Him and abide with Him! so that we may abide with Him forever! this is Christianity. I am glad you found SermonIndex may the Lord bless you as you hear these sermons and participate in the discussions.

2004/10/28 16:39Profile
Am_Lovin_HIM

Phoenix, Arizona

Re:

I am the prodigal daughter returning home to her Father. I was sitting on a beach in Florida when the Father reached down to me for the final time and said "It is time to come home my daughter." I know of His mercies, I have seen His signs and wonders. I challenge all who are living on the fence, to give your all to the Father. He will not strive with you always. He wants ALL OF YOU!! Don't look to Him for what He can do for you, Look to HIM for WHO HE IS, GET TO KNOW HIM INTIMATELY NOW!

2004/10/28 16:50Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Re: Taking a chance....

The Christ in me greets the Christ in you!

2004/10/28 19:20Profile
moreofHim

Re: welcome

Hi and welcome Dorothy!

Always so nice to see some more girls here at SI :-) . I am sure you will be blessed by all that SI has to offer. May the Lord continue to draw you ever near to Himself.

In His perfect love, Chanin

2004/10/28 19:56Profile
Am_Lovin_HIM

Phoenix, Arizona

Re:

In an earlier post, "I wrote I am the prodigal daughter returning home to her Father." I feel led to expound on that earlier post. I do this in fear and trembling of my heavenly Father, for it is my hearts desire that He be glorified in all I say and do.

I have been hanging out here but not as a member for some months, having been led here (:-)Hmmm, don't believe in accidents, just so you know)

In 1982, I tried to commit suicide. I cried out to the Lord to show me if He was real. Neighbors across the street heard the cries of anguish through closed doors and windows. I screamed, God if YOU are real...I need to know! HE heard my cries... after an angel of the Lord kept me from pulling the trigger, JESUS SAT IN MY HALLWAY with me HOLDING ME AND ROCKING ME IN HIS ARMS!! I did not see anyone, but I could feel HIS ARMS OF LOVE AROUND ME. The love which surrounded me that day is unlike any other. It is so much more than what we read about. I can not describe how HIS LOVE ENVELOPED ME that day. I walked with HIM, learned of HIM, saw limbs grow and saw the documentation of the growth. I watched as my 8 yr old's nose was put back into place (after a fall from the top bunk), as well as, many other miracles. I heard the WORD but something happened. As the scriptures tell us to BEWARE LEST WE LEAVE OUR FIRST LOVE... :-( so was the story here.

Please bear with me, this may take awhile. I do not know why I the leading to share this is so strong today but GOD does.

I took my eyes off of the heavenly things and put them elsewhere. When you loose your desire for the Word, for Prayer, for communion with the Father BEWARE, the enemy comes in like a flood! and we all know what happens with a flood... it washes away what is in it's path... our enemy is crafty, subtle as the Word tells us. The devil will cause half truths to look true which in reality is a lie. I know I am not saying anything new here. I lost my communion with the Father then there was this big black hole inside of me and each day that went by it got bigger. The nightmares of "what if I die like this" became intense. I knew I would have gone to hell. I was living thru it here on earth.

This will continue in next reply I have already lost what was typed once...do not want to take another chance.

2004/11/2 16:47Profile
Am_Lovin_HIM

Phoenix, Arizona

Re:

Second Part of Testimony:

I am ashamed to say I shook my fist in God's face. I blamed him (sounds like Adam and Eve in the garden, the blame game) for my marriage of over 20 yrs dissolving when in reality I now know it was the enemy of our souls for he comes to kill, steal and destroy.
My life was lower and lower, despair, depression, agony, lostness, and the list goes on.

I was at the hospital watching my sister die in front of my eyes for 4 horrible days and couldn't stop what was happening. She was not only my sister, but she was my closest friend, ally, confidant, she could chastise me where no one else dared at that time. She went into this hospital because she was dehydrated and vomiting the first time but while she was there, she caught a staph infection, which ultimately killed her. I hadn't been in a church in years, when 5 years ago, I found myself in the chapel of the hospital begging God not to take my sister. I had into the hospital chapel and once again God in His mercy tried to reach me. I literally felt my sister's pain (the pain in her hands and feet were intense, the pressure in the chest was suffocating) and was told He was taking her home (she was only 40). Who would believe me where I was walking then?
Again, my life tumbled... nervous breakdown, loss of job, bankruptcy, and on disability... and the lies of the enemy continued until last year.
God was so merciful to me a sinner. I spent my inheritance on the things of this world, I wallowed in the mire.. and yet HE REACHED DOWN TO ME AND PICKED ME UP. Up until 2 months ago, no one could say the name Dorothy in my presence without receiving snares... another lie from the enemy, for GOD once again interceded. He showed me that my life was a gift from HIM.... and then He let me see that the name my parents gave me meant "GIFT OF GOD". He is the alpha and the omega, HE is omnipotent and nothing is out from HIS view. He knew these days would come. He knew that somehow my testimony could impact others and by what I went through a heart easily broken has been formed.
You see, my prayer "Father, let me see sin through your eyes. May my heart remain broken as your heart has been broken each time a soul is lost.I ask Him to put His coals to my lips, my heart and my life. Burn out from me that which is unlovely. Let me truly be a living sacrifice to Him."
Matthew 4:1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
You see this is our wilderness, brothers and sisters.
Matthew 7:13-14 Enter in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way that leadeth to destruction, and MANY there be that go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and FEW there be that find it.
I am truly blessed indeed. Someone (actually 2) prayed for me during that 12 yr period and GOD LISTENED!!!!! PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME.

I have lost friends, a home, all my $$, and more but I am the richest woman around...maybe one day I'll expound on this.In the favor from the Lord is an incredible way to walk (daily).

I GIVE GLORY TO GOD
AND
Am_Lovin_HIM more and more daily

May your hearts be blessed, challenged to press in closer to HIM. It is not about us, IT IS;
ALL ABOUT HIM!!!! FOREVERMORE.

2004/11/2 17:06Profile
revival9

Arizona, USA

Re: Welcome!

Hi Dorothy!

Welcome to SI! Good to see your beautiful testimony! That is super. Delve into the great sermons on this site and keep a'goin'!

Mrs. Fred
Arizona, too

2004/11/2 17:17Profile
Am_Lovin_HIM

Phoenix, Arizona

Re:

Thank you Mrs. Fred,

It is the great sermons that brought me to this sight at the beginning... If you get a chance listen to Bob Phillips teachings. I don't have link but under other speakers. If you can listen to George Warnock as well. Thank you for your encouragement.
Blessings be to you,
Am_Lovin_HIM

2004/11/2 17:26Profile
dohzman

Re:

Hi sis!Rember The joy of the Lord is my strength.There can be joy that'll sustain you through all things even in the midst of sorrow, trials, temptations, testings ect....Just ask Jesus for it .God Bless

2004/11/2 18:26Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy