· Text Sermons
    Christian Books
    Online Bibles
· Video Sermons
· Vintage Images
· Discussion Forum
· Help Support
· Contact Us

Share SI with others - Add a website link or image banner on your website or blog.

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : John Phillips, Beloved Bible Scholar and Author Goes Home to be With the Lord

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Dennis

Winston Salem, NC

John Phillips, Beloved Bible Scholar and Author Goes Home to be With the Lord

Dr. John Phillips, a beloved preacher, theologian, author and speaker went home to be with the Lord July 25th. Dr. Phillips left an enduring legacy in the study and writing of his set of Old and New Testament commentaries. He was faithful to the Scriptures as he accurately divided the truth and was always practical in with his constructive comments. With his gentle probing applications to the Christian life one can tell he loved the Lord as well as His Word. And if you enjoy alliteration, so that your students or congregation can easily follow your Bible study or sermon, Dr. Phillips will be a big help to you. From his commentary on Exploring Ephesians look how he alliterates (Eph.1:7), (1). Redemption (1:7), (a) The Person Involved (1:7a), (b) The Price Involved (1:7b) (c) The Pardon Involved (1:7c). When I preach on Ephesians I always use Dr. Phillips commentary. You can learn how to own this 25 volume set at tremendous savings from Wordsearchbible .com. They are offering Dr. Phillips set of commentaries in digital format so that you can download this invaluable piece of scholarship right to your computer. Go to this link and watch the video on Wordsearch’s electronic library and Dr. Phillips commentaries,
http://www.wordsearchbible.com/PhillipsPreach6137?g=6137. Oh by the way, this popular 25-volume commentary set is available in book form at Christian bookstores nationwide. The retail price for this set is $688.95. Only WORDsearch offers you this electronic library, and you'll find it's much easier and faster to use for your sermon preparation. Take all 25 volumes in this Phillips Bundle for just $199.95. Those who want to save over $450.00 need to make this set a priority because the sale only last 30 days.

2010/9/5 18:31Profile
Koheleth

NC

Re: John Phillips, Beloved Bible Scholar and Author Goes Home to be With the Lord

This is not the John Bertram Phillips of bible translation fame, who in fact went to be with the Lord decades ago. FYI.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Bertram_Phillips

2010/9/5 21:11Profile
Dennis

Winston Salem, NC

Re: John Bertram Phillips and J. B. Phillips are two different people

Thanks Koheleth for making this distention. Yes there are two different J.B. Phillips.

2010/9/6 10:23Profile
davym

Re:

I only noticed this thread recently and I just wanted to pay tribute to Dr Phillips. His commentaries have been a great help to me in my Christian life and he will be a sad loss to the Christian community.

2010/9/28 11:17Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Yes, this Dr. Phillips was a wonderful Bible teacher! He will be missed.

2010/9/28 11:24Profile

©2002-2014 SermonIndex.net Audio Sermons | Google+
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival. | Privacy Policy