SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Does God really speak through false prophets?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Krispy,

The difference is only a technical difference. Either way, both are false. Additionally, Jesus said that on the last day that many would rise up and say, "But Lord, did we not prophesy in your name?" yet the Lord will tell them, "Depart from me, I never knew you."

I've yet to find a Scripture that says God cannot use such men. Indeed, there are quite a few that show the contrary.

2010/9/2 14:45Profile

Re:

excerpt from another thread on this subject:
One more thing worth noting with all of the talk of God speaking through donkies & false prophets. Can He? Yes. But it is WHAT THEY ARE ACTUALLY SAYING that is from God or Satan. Not the vessell, but the message. In fact, Satan can speak through a disciple of Christ. What, you say? Peter one minute is saying, "thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God," as he is enlightened from the Father. Next breath, He is opposing the cross & Jesus is telling Satan (through Peter) to get behind him!!! So, can a false prophet (or even a donkey) speak for God? Yes, the fruit of their message tells us the source of the tree. So, God tells the donkey to speak up and shock the prophet who refuses to see the Lord preventing him. If the donkey would have spoken up and told him to bow down and worship Baal, it would have been demonic, not the Lord.What tells us how to discern the source? The Message!! We will know them by their fruit. The fruit of their lips tells us alot.

2010/9/2 15:13
utilizer001

Oregon

Re:

God spoke through the high priest, saying "It is needful for one man to die for the needs of many." The high priest was not what we would call a "true believer."

Jason

2010/9/2 17:35Profile

Re:

The man of God being thouroughly equipt, has already proven what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God BEFORE we ourselves proclaim it.

No matter who it came from, talking about what someone else said is just plain foolish if it is not in conjunction with our own growth experience.

How dare i declare anything that is not in some fashion lived through by this relationship in Jesus Christ!

How do i know if it's true if i have not walked it out myself.

False prophets do not emphasis a life that is growing deeper into the True Vine, Jesus Christ. Everything that is not relative to this very message is wood, hay, or stubble.

Ultimately, all that is not pointing us to Jesus will burn.
Sure it may have substance; but so does a hippopotamus.

Anything not tested through trial in the life by whoever is ministering does not come from an approved workman, and can be accounted as nothing more than hearsay, whether true or not.

Love, Hope, and Faith,
gregg

...I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears. And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.
Acts 20:31-32

That word of God's grace is in Jesus Christ alone, the master builder, and the only very priceless inheritance unto us from God our Father.

In our identification with His crucifixion, entombment, and resurrection is our growth into His salvation, be that His work in us towards our santification or to manifest His glory.

2010/9/2 18:29
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Balaam actually started off pretty good, enid. He prophesied the coming of Christ! There was no doubt he was in touch with God, and the Lord gave him revelation. But the day he decided to go after money and the allurement of riches was the day he signed his own death warrant with God. At the end of his life, he was no longer called a prophet of God, but "Balaam the Sorcerer".

It's amazing that all it takes is a dollar sign to change prophecy into sorcery.

Brother Paul

2010/9/2 23:14Profile

Re:

Re:
by utilizer001 on 2010/9/2 13:35:39

God spoke through the high priest, saying "It is needful for one man to die for the needs of many." The high priest was not what we would call a "true believer."

That was truly a "prophetic" statement in it's nature. A little different is one "prophetic" statement God used a non-believer to make, than an entire message and focus of a man who seeks to unify all the religions of the world to pray and seek "god together", wouldn't you agree?

2010/9/2 23:29
utilizer001

Oregon

Re:

Jeffmar:
You are correct, but the question of this thread was not about an entire message and focusing on a man. There are several Glenn Beck threads already dealing with that.

So, the answer is that God has, in the past, spoken through false prophets. When the church is so far gone, that He can't work through her, He will use whatever means He chooses to get His message through. Sometimes, by using a person not of the faith, to shame His children, and to make them jealous for Him. Just as the church is used to make Israel jealous.

Jason

2010/9/3 6:00Profile
Thess

Re: Does God really speak through false prophets?

I don't recall of a time in scripture (correct me if I am wrong) when God tells the godly to listen to the false prophet and take the truth and leave the error. In the example of Balaam, God used him to bless His people and speak before an ungodly nation, He did not use Balaam to speak to Israel. I caution against inviting false prophets into our home (TV, radio, books) and bidding them God speed (2 John 1:9-11)just because they preach a measure of truth. If God wants to use someone that has not the doctrine of Jesus Christ to proclaim a truth or provoke a nation, that is His business, but scripturally I cannot bid them God speed. God give us the wisdom to discern the spirits. (1 John 4:1-3)

2010/9/4 9:17Profile

Re:

Amen Thess!!!!
Total agreement here!!

2010/9/4 14:30

Re:

Quote:

Yes and No.

If you read further it says, John 11:51 And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation.

He truly wasn't a believer in Jesus, but here we see that he was certainly a prophet who foretold of the Lord's death.

2010/9/4 19:46

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy