SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Glenn Beck as our Cyrus?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Glenn Beck as our Cyrus?

Yesterday I went to the massive "Restoring Honor" Glenn Beck & Sarah Palin rally in Washington, DC.

I know some of you saints might have a sour taste in your mouth at the thought, especially some of you who think yourselves more apolitical. I went, partially out of simply liking Beck. I typically find his political analysis as spot on, though I don't always agree with him. But mostly, I was driven to go an observe this event as a spectator, and reflect first hand upon the "movement" that is happening in our country, of which I believe Beck has clearly emerged as the figurehead of.

Having listened to Beck for several years now, and having carefully weighed what he has been saying, I am convinced God is using Glenn Beck to speak to the Church in America. Indeed, I would go so far as to say that he is playing a Cyrus like role, as the "servant of the Lord."

That may come as somewhat of a shock to some of you. Especially considering Beck is a devout Mormon, and we know that Mormons are not saved, and do not have eternal life abiding in them. But be that as it may, we cannot ignore the fact that God has spoken through such people in the past, and may raise up such people in the present. Cyrus, the ancient Persian king was a complete pagan. Yet, God used him to commission the Jews to rebuild the temple. Indeed, he said that God told him to do that very thing. Beck claims a very similar inspiration.

I believe in many ways, God is using Glenn Beck in a similar fashion to speak to the Church here in America. No doubt, Beck's message is tainted by his unique political and religious views. What he says is not a 100% "thus saith the Lord." But I believe God has raised Beck up rally people behind a message that is largely geared towards us as Christians living in America, so that we might return to the Lord, and He heal our land.

Indeed, Beck's message on repentance and our personal need for revival, is a message that few in the Church have been willing to preach, and for that, I believe God has raised him up to preach a message that many otherwise might not hear. Indeed, I would be so bold as to say that God has raised up Glenn Beck as part of one last final call.

So, this is my thesis. I would be interested in your feedback.

2010/8/29 16:30Profile

Re: Glenn Beck as our Cyrus?

Exactly which God is Beck calling everyone back too? Is the revival that Beck seeks simply to bring this country back to a nation that would be considered more "moral"? How can you have revival without true faith?

Just me thoughts....

2010/8/29 17:08
TrueWitness

Quote:
That may come as somewhat of a shock to some of you. Especially considering Beck is a devout Mormon, and we know that Mormons are not saved, and do not have eternal life abiding in them.

God will not use a man that is pointing people to a false religion that will damn their souls. The fact that he has high morals and conservative values does not outweigh his utterly lost condition. For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? I pray that he will come to repentance and true saving faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

2010/8/29 17:18Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

Exactly which God is Beck calling everyone back too? Is the revival that Beck seeks simply to bring this country back to a nation that would be considered more "moral"? How can you have revival without true faith?

Well, Beck many times says he's simply calling people back to God. Granted, because of his Mormonism and trying to have mass appeal, he leaves it yup to you do define what you believe about God.

Quote:

Is the revival that Beck seeks simply to bring this country back to a nation that would be considered more "moral"? How can you have revival without true faith?

Don't get me wrong, Beck's message is a bit off. I'm not denying this. It is in no way pure gospel. In many ways, it's not unlike the moral majority type argument from the 80's. But even with that said, I would still argue that God could be using his message to speak to us just the same.

2010/8/29 17:25Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

God will not use a man that is pointing people to a false religion that will damn their souls. The fact that he has high morals and conservative values does not outweigh his utterly lost condition. For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? I pray that he will come to repentance and true saving faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

No doubt, I pray Beck gets saved. But though Beck is a Mormon, so far as I have ever listened to him (and I've listened to him a lot), he's never once try to push his Mormon beliefs.

And remember, God used king Cyrus, the pagan king of Persia, to revive the Jews.

2010/8/29 17:28Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Jimmy, I agree with you. God is using Glenn Beck to speak the truth concerning the lies and deception that is going on in this country. We are praying that everything that is done in darkness would come to the light, and Glenn Beck is one of many instruments that God is speaking through.

I have never heard Glenn Beck discuss Mormon doctrine. However, I have heard him lay out the plan of salvation on his program, and he was doctrinally correct.

If the Church of Jesus Christ would be the salt and the light that God has called us to be, this nation would not be in the shape that it is in today. But because most of the Church, most of the preachers, and most Christians have been silent and passive concerning the moral issues that we are facing today as a nation, God is using the Glenn Becks to expose lies and deception in the same way that God uses the world to expose false teachers, because the Church for the most part is not doing it.

Mike

2010/8/29 17:31Profile
elanham

Maryland

Re:

So I have to ask is there any precedence in the New Testament of the Lord raising up someone outside of the Faith to speak into the lives of the saints that make of the Church or a nation.

In Galations 1:8 Paul sais if anyone declares another gospel other than the one that I bring, which Beck being a Mormon does,let that person or angel be eternally condemned. So how do you reconcile your understanding that God has raised this man up to speak to the Body with Pauls exortation that we are not to give an ear to such people. I could understand if you were saying that he is saying some relevant things that are worth our attention, but when you implicate God in this you do serious harm to the Faith itself.

Would you feel the same way if a Hindu or New Age person had the same platform and was commending the nation to turn back to God? Would you feel as if God was raising that person up. There is a war being waged today in society over the issue of Truth and the Church is the only entity in the earth that has been uniquely fitted by God to make sense of that struggle. WE must take care and ensure that we dont find ourselves on the wrong side of this battle.

I have not listened to Beck until I heard him making fun of Barak Obama's daughter on radio. He questioned Barak's daughter level of education because she questioned her dad about the oil leak. He had just spoken about 'Family' being off limits. So he lost me there. It seemed like a total flop of integrity and fairness. Even though I am a Republican I felt a sadness that an intelligent person such as Beck would make such a statement about the child of the leader of the nation whom God has commanded us to pray for. I am sure that many of the Christians that are so riled up over Obama are not following this most basic command of their Lord. Such a deception. If we would pour as much mental and emotinal energy into obeying that command mabye something would change in Obama's heart. Yet to do that we would have to lay down our political bend and take up the Apostolic perspective of the nations and there place in the purposes of God. 'Stab us my God with Truth. The things the way you see and percieve them how ever much they are at variance with our, we desire yours' - Art Katz.

2010/8/29 20:04Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, Jesus can even save a morman...even a mormon needs a redeemer...pray and do not berate. love and learn.jimp

2010/8/29 20:11Profile
eldrow

Re:

Or better yet, how about if a Muslim was telling us to turn back to God? How well do you think that would be received?

2010/8/29 20:57Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re:

GOD spoke to Balaam through his
donkey; so I suppose it is possible
GOD might even use a Mormon to wake
this nation up!!

2010/8/29 21:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy