SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Entertaining Fools

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
enid

Nottingham, England

Entertaining Fools

It cannot have gone unoticed, the calibre of threads that have appeared on the site in recent weeks.

Some only want to argue constantly, rather than give godly edification. Consider Romans 16v17-18.

Some seem to have a point to prove, whether the Bible backs it or not.

And there are others. But, I don't intend to focus on this.

We wonder why we don't see revival, we shouldn't.

Fact is, there is too much of self, and too much deception and self-deception for God to use those who profess His name.

How is God's name glorified, when we entertain fools?

I say fools. For anyone who supposes they can usurp the word of God, has to be a fool.

We bow to the word of God or we perish. We should know that, we should realise that. We do need our eyes opening if we can't see it.

We condemn the Pharisees, scribes, chief priests of Jesus' days for being blind.

How are we any different when we entertain fools?

If these thread appear, unless we do wrong by ignoring them, we should ignore them, or give a scriptural answer, and leave it at that. Their hearts are more entertained by arguing than by godly edification.

We do so need to seek God. Whether we do or not is up to us.

God bless.

2010/8/27 8:58Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: Entertaining Fools

Well you called this one right. It would be so much more advantagious to life Jesus up and see all men drawn unto Him. We could all be edified and built up by each other rather than banty about stuff that brings no life. Good admonition here enid.

2010/8/30 23:46Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

As it is, I did not see it really as an admonition, though it could be called such.

It is our responsibility to test ourselves to see if we are in the faith, 2 Cor 13v5.

The useless arguements that are taking place appear to be satanic devices to steer us further away from God.

Can we afford that?

Don't we question anything? Are we that immature? Do we have to have the last word, and win too?

Maybe a read of the book of James concerning the tongue would help. But then, if we are that proud and self-deceived, no amount of scritpure will work.

I don't doubt some who visit this forum are lost anyway, even as some who heard Jesus were lost also.

As it is, God cannot lose. So, I hope He accepts me on His side.

God bless.

2010/8/31 4:58Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

Myself, I wouldn't be so bold to call someone a fool; since I do do believe God has allowed all to share their beliefs here whether they are agreeable to His Word or not. The Goodness of God will lead 1 to repentance, & God can create in any1 He wishes a clean heart. This is not a rebuke, just the way I see it. "Be merciful as God is merciful." Many are lost in darkness; & hopefully, here, they maybe guided out of that darkness by the help of the christian who is meek & lowly in heart.

2010/8/31 5:17Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

I look at the fact that there were those who heard Jesus, yet never repented.

But somehow, we are going to...

2010/8/31 5:38Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re:

If many would read the admonition to
prayerfully consider before you post;
and speak the truth in a loving manner,
it would surely help!!

2010/8/31 11:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.