SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Decent church in East Tennessee?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re: Decent church in East Tennessee?

All of the churches mentioned are Baptist, except Oasis Ministries and sadly for me, that is about an hour and a half from my house but I do watch him on TV!

Just wanted to add that there is nothing wrong with Baptist is one is a Baptist! But I found more acceptance operating in the gifts of the Spirit with the people (who needed them in operation) than I did with the leadership but since it is the leaders who steer the ship....

So I will stick with a more charismatic type church unless the Lord leads me back into the Baptist church!!

God bless us all who is looking for a fellowship!
Lisa

2010/9/4 18:34Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Decent church in East Tennessee?

Several years ago we visited this church, Wellspring Mennonite Church, at Athens, TN., pastored by Verlon Miller. We enjoyed the fellowship.

We were vacationing in the Smokies and wanted to spend the LORD's Day worshiping with Believers and found this church in an Anabaptist directory. The church is very small, consists of mostly young families although by now these children have grown up and are considered youth.

The evening service consisted of everyone sharing an inspiring thought, be it testimony or inspiration that came to them...it was very informal and we could sense love, joy, delight among them.

This was our experience.

ginnyrose

2010/9/4 19:00Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy