SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The doctrinal delusions of Ronald Goetz

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: 'in the field' NOT an allusion to Deut 22

by RonaldGoetz on 2010/8/28 5:51:15
"Ron, I answered all three of your critiques of my interpretation of verses 34-36, where you allege insane and sheer speculation, but you only addressed verse 36.

Does that mean that you accept my protest that verses 34 and 35 are indeed grounded with Old Testament backgrounds, contrary to your assertion that they are "insane" and "sheer speculation"?"

I refute that any of these scenarios are grounded with Old Testament backgrounds as you will have understood if you have read my previous posts.

The most bizarre of your expositions is the two women grinding at a mill, but your exposition of the third scenario has its own brand of folly.
You claim that 'in the field' is a clear link to the passage in Deut 22 which, of course, is dealing with heterosexual union and clearly has nothing to do with same sex unions.

The construction 'in the' and the Hebrew word 'saday' is used over 80 times in the Old Testament but you have chosen to see the words in Luke 17 as an 'allusion' only to the Deut 22 passage.Why? Because you have already decided, again without substance, that 'in that night' introduces a series sexual scenes, and because you have chosen to believe that the 'two' in the third scenario are both male, you are hedged in to this most peculiar hermeneutic. It is sheer recklessness or conscious perversity.

'saday' is translated variously in the KJV; field 292, country 17, land 11, wild 8, ground 4, soil 1, it is simply a term for land outside the village. The BlueLetterBible listing in Gesenius gives a good idea of its usage. The Greek word in Luke 17:36 is argos and is again variously translated in the KJV field 22, country 8, land 4, farm 1, piece of ground 1. It simply means a place outside the village. There is nothing of a sexual connotation in this either the Hebrew word or the Greek, nor in the phrase 'in the field'. It simply means what it says "Two will be in the field: the one will be taken and the other left." Luke 17:36

I have already dealt with the earlier two scenarios.

I think it is time for you to tell us how you accommodate your interpretations into the 1 Cor 6 passage. You seem somewhat shy to engage with this section of scripture.

2010/8/28 7:53Profile

Re: Your Request for My Further Discussion

Ron B., several things were asked by the moderators Paul and Christian. First, that forum participants not engage me unnecessarily. Second, that I not continue to push my "agenda," if it is indeed such. And finally, that people not give me occasion to continue the Scriptural debate over the acceptability of homosexuals. Thanks for your interest in discussing my interpretations of Scripture, but I must decline your suggestion.

For me to continue would fuel the rancor that caused the closing of the other thread. I am pleased that Paul locked that thread in order to stop the out-of-control debate. It was a good, though difficult, decision.

God bless you Ron, and may God richly bless your ministry.

Ron Goetz

2010/8/31 5:34

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy