SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Need help--casting of demons

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
learn

Need help--casting of demons

Would like to know whether one can cast demons out from someone if they are in a completely different location.

I know we can pray for people in the comforts of our own homes when someone we feel are in danger or down etc. But be the person primarily casting the demons out from someone while you are at your house and the possessed person is completely elsewhere??? Is that possible? Would like to know whether anybody has this experience or any other godly pastor has this experience. Thanks

2010/8/25 4:38Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re: Need help--casting of demons

There are examples of healings Jesus performed where He just gave the word and the person was healed that very moment. I don't know if we can do the same with demons but I am sure its possible through Christ Jesus. One of the major things with demons that I know of is that the person has to want freedom from said demon and without this they will very well continue to entertain the demon no matter how much prayer is done.

2010/8/25 5:00Profile

by learn on 2010/8/25 0:38:06

Would like to know whether one can cast demons out from someone if they are in a completely different location.
----------------------------------------------------------

Yes, however is the possession and/or obsession something resulting from a personal bent towards sinning in a certain way? If so, do not even think about it. (These character flaws can lend to the person becoming worse and not better after the demon is cast out and /or sent packin' if there is no repentance and conversion (in that area of failing by the individual).

Pray seriously in intercession first, foremost, and continuously (even after deliverance)in such instances.

God Bless,
g

2010/8/25 5:39
DJSavage

BC, Canada

I believe it is entirely possible. Reading Isobel's Kuhn book 'By Searching' she tells of one girl she knew who was committed to an insane asylum after working with Isobel for a while. While Isobel was a bit inexperienced at that time concerning demons (in hindsight she writes that it was full on possession), she and her group in Vancouver committed to praying for her and sending her food, as they couldn't visit. In six months she was delivered and an entirely different person, one they'd never known.

2010/8/25 12:40Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

I know that it is possible to interact with demons through a phone conversation. I had one such experience years ago where on several occasions I interacted with a demonically possessed person through whom demons manifesed over the phone. For several reasons I am convinced it was the real thing I was dealing with. Unfortunately I did not succeed in casting out the demons at that time but God used it to strengthen my faith and walk, and needless to say, drive me to my knees.
If it is possible to speak with this person over the phone I would encourage you to endeavor to share the gospel with him/her, and try to explain it as clearly as possible. In that process it is possible that the demon/s will begin to manifest and you will sense when that is happening. I would also encourage you to consider fasting along with prayer according to Christ's words in Matt.17:21.

2010/8/25 13:25Profile

"I know we can pray for people in the comforts of our own homes when someone we feel are in danger or down etc. But be the person primarily casting the demons out from someone while you are at your house and the possessed person is completely elsewhere??? Is that possible? Would like to know whether anybody has this experience or any other godly pastor has this experience. Thanks".....LEARN.

There are some books written by or about an oriental brother, Chinese I think, who had a quite well known ministry remotely casting out demons.He was big into fasting and prayer; circa the 1930's and 40's??? Perhaps a colleague of NEE?

I think that exorcism and healing or both AUTHORITY issues.."I give them authority to cast out devils and to heal...." Jesus....So, why not?

2010/8/25 13:57
learn

Re:

Thank you everyone for the input.

2010/8/26 14:13Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

"Yes, however is the possession and/or obsession something resulting from a personal bent towards sinning in a certain way? If so, do not even think about it. (These character flaws can lend to the person becoming worse and not better after the demon is cast out and /or sent packin' if there is no repentance and conversion (in that area of failing by the individual)."

This is good sound advice in praying for someone that needs deliverance. The ground has to be removed that are allowing the demons access to the person. Every door must be closed. This includes repentance of all sin.

Pray that the eyes of the person that needs deliverance would be opened. Pray that they would receive the truth concerning their condition that would set them free.

The Lord wants to lay the axe to the root. We often cut off a few branches but leave the root intact. That is why we must be led of the Spirit in matters of deliverance. A Christian must be willing to live a consecrated life and obey God in order to maintain his deliverance.

Mike

2010/8/26 16:29Profile

Re:

Looking back to this thread, Mike brought up what is written through experience.

i was just spouting off and failed to give this the full details. Sincere apologies to anybody who thinks it might be just that simple, because usually it is not.

There is a type of fasting effective in this that will bring the gates of hell crashing down.

When fasting is stated, this only has to do with abstenance of food and self-denial in principle alone, and not neccesarily in the actual exercise of doing that activity.

It has more to do with turning the other cheek and returning good for evil. In this, you stand in antipathy against the spirit that's causing the trouble.

Ask God to show you the type of spirit that is causing the trouble, and do the exact opposite yourself. For the evil that it does, you do the good thing in opposition to it's activities in return.

There are those who think speaking the name of Jesus is the end all, yet if we have areas in our own life that are relative to the spirit being stood against, we lack the neccesary purpose of this authority to stand against it.

For example:

I could be a police officer dressed in full uniform and on duty, and in pursuit of an offender, shout out "Stop, in the name of the Law" and would be walking in the power, purpose, and authority of the Law to maintain peace.

Let's say i am that same police officer, at 3a.m., drunk as a skunk, totally disoriented, go to a door of a house that i thought was my own, knock...but can't get in. The person inside says that i need to leave before they call the police. So, i holler out, "open up in the name of the law," brandish my issued weapon...
...and land in jail.

Understand the implications of what is being done and the stance on your part to be assumed. Trust Jesus to make you unwavering in both returning good for evil (in denying yourself and ways), pray in this authority...

...but first, pray: ask God to show you what's what and then interceed.

Intercession is physically manifested in returning good for evil.

(from here, it 'usually' is a very small matter of telling the spirit to cease, desist, and scat for good.)

Hope this is better help.
Sorry for the tert answer at first.
(i should know better.)

To you:
God's grace and shalom
in and of Jesus Christ,
g

2010/8/26 22:35
learn

Re:

Thanks everyone.

I think some may have thought that I am going to cast out demons. I'm not. I actually am just looking for some information. But I really appreciate it especially the additional information.

2010/8/29 13:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy