Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Mormonism

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Renoncer

Re:

Matthew,
That sounds like a wise decision.

I forgot something else. When I met with the Mormon missionaries, one of them kept saying: “But the Bible says that you will recognize them by their fruit. Look at all the good things I am doing! I am bearing good fruit.” (In reference to helping people, being nice, having a respectable character, etc.)

I responded: “This is the fruit that I see: I see a false gospel, which is really no gospel at all.” And I referred to Galatians 1:6-9, which states that if anyone brings another gospel than the one the apostles have preached, let him be eternally condemned! I also referred to 2 Corinthians 11:13-15, which states that it is no wonder that workers of iniquity masquerade as servants of righteousness, because Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.

This is useful ammunition to have.
Pierre-Luc

2010/8/25 3:40Profile
jimmyhudson

England

Re: Mormonism

I met some Mormons one time and tried to share the true Gospel with them. Make sure you pray earnestly, for we wrestle not against flesh and blood.

Many mormons seem to be in some sort of hynoptic trance, where it is like hitting your head against a wall. They will agree with what you are saying, but you know they don't really agree. Satan has twisted the truths in their minds so it seems they believe certain Gospel truths, but what they really think is way off.

mp3's 122, 126, 127, 128 and 130 might be useful to you from this site.
http://www.ffmp3.com/1998catalog.asp

Be able to show from the Bible:
1)It is the word of God
2)Jesus is God
3)He died as Saviour on the cross. Salvation is through Christ alone.

I did end up giving these guys a chick tract, praying that God could use it.
http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0061/0061_01.asp

Oh Father God, I pray in the name of your Son, that you would guide this dear brother. That you would give wisdom in accordance with James 1:5 We pray that the whole proceedings will be sheltered under the blood of Christ, and that he would be glorified. We pray that truth would be known in these lost Mormon souls for whom Christ endured the agonies of Hell for and the captives would be set free.
Amen

2010/8/25 6:18Profile

Re:

Neil writes..........

"they stopped coming after 3 saturdays. i tried."

Wow, I never get a second visit :)......brother Frank

2010/8/25 9:31
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I would highly commend to you the ministry of Eli Brayley, who sometimes frequents these boards. He is a full-time missionary to the Mormons in Utah. He would be a great resource for you. You can visit his website:

http://www.timothyministry.com/

2010/8/25 11:53Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Also, it should be noted that the Mormons use a modified KJV Bible. It's not really the KJV of the Bible. Joseph Smith, their founding prophet, believed the KJV was the best Bible on earth. But, he had to modify it in places he felt it was wrong. And his modifications have nothing to do with the Greek translation of a certain text. It's just all nonsense made up out of thin air, to support doctrines he wanted to teach anyway.

2010/8/25 11:56Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Mormonism

Matthew,

There is a ministry the works to educate Christians about the isms out there that work to pervert the Gospel. The one we are familiar with is called "Watchmen's Fellowship". They have a website - www.watchman.org. I did not explore it very good now but they have a lot of resources you may find helpful.

Many years ago they held a seminar here to teach us how to deal with JWs and Mormans plus show us what New Age looks like. For many us we were in the dark about all of these cults except for JWs. I enjoyed this seminar and learned a lot. The main lesson is that you ware working against evil, the father of all lies.

God bless you, brother...just remember these people are lost and need a Saviour and it may be you who the LORD will use to bring them to himself. Think about that!

ginnyrose

2010/8/25 12:12Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

This is right here under topic, Mornonism, under Audio Sermons;

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/scr_index.php?act=topicSermons&topic=Mormonism&page=0

In Christ: Phillip

2010/8/25 21:06Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

First off thank you all for your help I really appreciate it, Second off thank you for your prayers I need them still but thank you.

I believe I am equipped with enough Arrows of Truth to fire them through the heart of the beast. I have thought long and hard on how to deal with this though and the Lord seems to want me to invite them in and when they want to invite their spirit to say before you invite this spirit I would like to test the spirit so I will pray and basically Invite the Lord Jesus Christ in and plead the blood of Jesus all over the place to protect myself and family from any decieving spirits and to bind the tongues of all lying spirits and that I rebuke anything and everything that doesn't line up with the word. AND THEN I am going to go through their doctrines that plainly don't line up with the Word.

1.God the Father had/has a body of flesh
2. Polythesism
3. Men can ascend into Godness and become gods themselves
4. Queen of Heaven
5. Works Salvation

I know they won't want to stay on these topics for long but hopefully it will but in enough doubt in their minds to look it up themselves.

God Bless,
Matthew

2010/8/26 5:49Profile
Matthew2323

Colorado

Re:

Matthew,

Do be mindful that these folks are trained to argue and that they are experts at dodging questions. Their leaders train them in the common objections and they know many canned responses. One tactic is to answer a question with a question; this is done to be evasive, not to find the Truth.

Depending upon your personality, if you are quick on your feet, you may want to stick to one topic and I'd suggest the "works salvation" issue. They claim that they are saved by grace... but that you have to earn the grace. The other subjects can be argued until the world is flat and nothing helpful will be accomplished. If you do ask about some of their really strange beliefs, they may tell you, "We don't believe that." Their belief system changes over time and their "apostles" and "prophets" get "new revelations." So if you try to tell them what they believe you will get into an endless discussion. Sadly, they believe in a false Christ and a false Gospel so stick to the heart of things and leave the controvesy for a time after their conversion. :)

It is good to hear that you are in prayer about this meeting. One other matter to pray about is how you will deal with their responses. Please know that any type of frustration of anger towards them will be viewed as "persecution of righteousness sake" and they are told by their leaders that this proves that they are genuine Christians.

May God bless you in your endeavor. Please keep us posted.

Grace and peace,
Matthew

2010/8/26 7:45Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy