SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : When I die Hallejah By and By!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

When I die Hallejah By and By!

So I have had my funeral in my mind here lately because awhile back I went to a funeral. What struck me as normal is everyone is talking about all the wonderful times they spent with the individual this is great everyone has a chance to get some kind of closure. But as I thought about this I started asking God How can I glorify you even after death? How can my funeral be used for your glory? Then it hit me, Boast all the more of my weakness! So as oppose to the traditional talk about all the great things I did, talk only of the terrible things I have done BUT alas introduce the people to the grace of God that saved a wretch like me!

I know that I won't be able to preach at my funeral but that is my wishes for my family to do. If I must be of less reputation when I die I am okay with that because all of my good works is filthy rags and if someone comes to Christ then I have fullfilled my mission to Glorify Christ Jesus even in death. What are your thoughts on this? Good idea? Bad Idea? Any added suggestions?

2010/8/17 18:17Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: When I die Hallejah By and By!

Paul desired Christ should be exalted
in his life and in death.
The best way to accomplish this is to
live your life as a testimony to the
saving grace of the gospel and the truth
of salvation. Be a witness of GOD'S
divine and eternal love in your heart
and HIS sweet Spirit of compassion and