Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : New member, very troubled

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
vts

US

New member, very troubled

I am very troubled. Is this the right place to look for help?Thank you.

2010/8/17 16:57Profile
TimmyJoe

Panama City, FL

Re: New member, very troubled

Jesus is a very present help in time of need!

But maybe we can help too, what ya need?

2010/8/17 17:17Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

I would hope that you would be able to find out how to find help in Christ in any difficulty from any member here. At best this is all any believer can do, point you to where the water is.

We can point you to the water but we cannot make you drink.

We can guide you to the light but we cannot take your blinders off for you.

We can share the love of God, but we cannot place it in your heart.

We can direct you to the cross, but we cannot make you kneel.

We can show to you the sheep-fold, but cannot grow your wool.

We can help you understand the differences between us, but we cannot bring you to the unity of the faith.

We can show you what faith looks like, but we cannot give it to you.

We can show to you the sheep-gate, but cannot fit you through it.

Jesus alone is your help. Jesus alone is your answer. But you must seek him upon His grounds, and upon his rock. The shifting sands of your personal interest must be abandoned. There is no difficulty which does not find its solution in Christ in some way shape or form.

If your need however is practical, and you are already a believer, then there may be some believers here who live in your locale.

If prayer is what you need, let us know we will pray.

More information may be helpful though...

2010/8/17 17:19Profile
vts

US

I have professed to be a Christian for a long time. But, starting at 19, I began a life of sin which has continued until the recent past. I would repent now and then, struggle, and fall back into sinning. I hope the devastation I have experienced over the past 16 months is God chastening me. My sinful practices were suddenly exposed in a public way, I was thrust into alcohol and benzodiazepine rehab, and lost my license to work. I am very thankful all this happened to me. want to know if God doesn't forgive people who say they are Christians and sin anyway.

Over this past week, I suddenly saw the sum of my life, each sin, and the accumulation of them. I am realising things that never crossed my mind before, and now I want to forsake sin, all of it forever. Is it too late for me?

2010/8/17 17:44Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

There are so many warnings in scripture about turning away from a faulty or false faith. If it was not possible to turn to Christ after living as a prodigal son, then lots of the Bible needs to be torn out.

Jesus will in no wise cast out anyone whom turns to him VTS. Seeing your sin for what it is can be the beginning of a radical walk with Jesus Christ.

Lay your burden at his feet, repent of your sin. He has shown you this not to dangle his love out of your reach, it is rather to show you what you really are and who he really is, and what He took upon Himself in order to redeem you.

Do you realize that he became you? While you were an enemy of the gospel...

David walked in reprehensible sin, worse than you have confessed, and he found a place of repentance and saw the day of our Lord. But David's repentance is not your repentance. You must have your own. You must respond to Christ's call for your life to be his. We can pray for you. I am sure that there are many who would share the word with you over the phone here. You can email me a number where I could get a hold of you (check profiles for email addresses, or personal message someone for their email)I am sure I speak for every member of this website when I say that we want to see you victorious in Jesus Christ over your sin.

I too walked in sin post a confession of faith, but Christ forgave me, and causes me to grow still...

2010/8/17 18:00Profile
vts

US

Re:

Thank you for your gracious answer. I am very upset right now, and would not be able to talk on the phone. I am trying to keep my composure since my 15 yo daughter is at home. I can't seem to get the P.m.function to work for me.

2010/8/17 18:09Profile
TimmyJoe

Panama City, FL

Re:

...him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37

Praise God you are concerned for you present state.

Go to your knees in repentance, and ask God for forgiveness and mercy.

Then put all your faith, your confidence, your trust in Jesus Christ, that the price He paid, on the cross, was more than enough to save you!

Finally, rejoice, and thank Christ for what He's done, and go and sin no more. Turn from it, learn to despise sin, hate sin, abhor it!

I professed to be a christian when I was young, then about 16 I got into alcohol and partying. But thank God that when I was 20 years old, God woke me up and showed me His grace and mercy in Jesus Christ!

With love,
Timmyjoe

2010/8/17 18:16Profile
vts

US

Re:

To TimmyJoe and Areadymind,
I can't get the P.M. to work, I am so sorry.
Virginia

2010/8/17 18:18Profile
TimmyJoe

Panama City, FL

Re:

yea it says error.

2010/8/17 18:19Profile
mguldner

Kansas

And the mighty yoke of this world is broken with humility. I know exactly what you are going through, come to Jesus He will give you strength.

I ran into the Holiness and Justice of God and came to realize that I was a wretched sinner even after "conversion" I assure you there is hope for you if there is hope for me. Something that I cling to though is in James 2:13 "For judgment is without mercy to one who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment."

God's desire is that all men would come to Him and be saved. God desires to show you Mercy. This is not to take advantage of His mercy and if you are truly awakened then you dare not take advantage of something you don't deserve. Put your faith in Christ Jesus and believe He can forgive you. Forsake sin and beg God to free you from its grasp.

I know exactly what you are going through though I walked with this on me for 2 months seeking God's mercy and finally found it in Christ Jesus and what He did on the cross. I will be praying for you that you come to the Knowledge of Jesus Christ and be zealous for Good works in Christ Jesus.

God Bless,
Matthew

2010/8/17 18:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy