SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Glory of the Messiah: God getting glory out of my life!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Glory of the Messiah: God getting glory out of my life!

Matthew 4:8 KJV
Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

Matthew 6:2 KJV
Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Matthew 6:13 KJV
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Matthew 6:29 KJV
And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Matthew 16:27 KJV
For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Matthew 19:28 KJV
And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Matthew 24:30 KJV
And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn , and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Matthew 25:31 KJV
When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

Mark 8:38 KJV
Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed , when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Mark 10:37 KJV
They said unto him, Grant unto us that we may sit , one on thy right hand, and the other on thy left hand, in thy glory.

Genesis 45:13 KJV
And ye shall tell my father of all my glory in Egypt, and of all that ye have seen ; and ye shall haste and bring down my father hither.

I remember it was in the SermonIndex that Denny Kensington said that his main subject of his life was the Glory of the Messiah.

In our own way we are all trying to make a name for ourselves in some way or another! I love it in the Revival Stories of the Welsh Revival that Evan Roberts used the hit and run technique! So that God would get the Glory!

Isaiah 42:8 KJV
I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

Isaiah 48:11 KJV
For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it: for how should my name be polluted ? and I will not give my glory unto another.

I think it was Alan Bartley said in a mission, I do not want to touch the Glory of this mission.

Quote:

[url=http://www.revival-library.org/catalogues/miscellanies/prayer/boundspower.html]Quote from the Power through Prayer by E M Bounds[/url]
WE are constantly on a stretch, if not on a strain, to devise new methods, new plans, new organizations to advance the Church and secure enlargement and efficiency for the gospel. This trend of the day has a tendency to lose sight of the man or sink the man in the plan or organization. God's plan is to make much of the man, far more of him than of anything else. Men are God's method. The Church is looking for better methods; God is looking for better men. "There was a man sent from God whose name was John." The dispensation that heralded and prepared the way for Christ was bound up in that man John. "Unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given." The world's salvation comes out of that cradled Son. When Paul appeals to the personal character of the men who rooted the gospel in the world, he solves the mystery of their success. The glory and efficiency of the gospel is staked on the men who proclaim it. When God declares that "the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him," he declares the necessity of men and his dependence on them as a channel through which to exert his power upon the world. This vital, urgent truth is one that this age of machinery is apt to forget. The forgetting of it is as baneful on the work of God as would be the striking of the sun from his sphere. Darkness, confusion, and death would ensue.

I always find that this first statement that we are constantly looking for new ways to reach people and god is looking for ways to reach us!
With Joseph Jacob did not know the Glory of Egypt that Jacob would present him with!
We do not know the Glory that the Lord has planned for us!
My slogan is Nobodys for Christ! We are nothing in name without Jesus.

John 15:5 KJV
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing

To me this is a lifetime study what is the Glory of Heaven and the Millenium and life with Jesus going to be compared with life here on earth!

Yet like me I am a failure in prayer,evangelism and seeking God and in all other things, I just want God to get as much Glory with my relationships and everything.

I have been asking how far does my life fall short of glorying god in everything I do? Why cant I glorify god?
Why do I struggle praising God? Why cant we see more of his glory? Why cant he increase and us decrease?

2010/8/14 18:16Profile
buttermilk80

Ohio

Re: Glory of the Messiah: God getting glory out of my life!

In all sincerity I agree with your post. It is a wicked tendency for man to seek to confine God into man's plans. I have felt it. I have done it. And I have reaped the "reward" for such a sin. However, I am learning to seek His Glory first. The main thrust of this learning began to surface when I understood that it was God who had been principally offended by sin. His perfect abode was stained by rebellion and blood. And it was God who made the way of salvation, not man. Now I find myself asking far more often for God's input in virtually everything I do.

The day of God, after sin is done away with, will shine with God. There will be nothing else that matters. It has become a pointed question in my heart: If that is to be so, why not start now?

Father, In keeping with the scent of these posts, we ask your hand in our words. Guide our hearts that they might become well springs of godliness and truth. In all things, Father, may your Holy Name receive Glory from the work of your servants.

2010/8/14 18:26Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Glory of the Messiah: God getting glory out of my life!

Is this not the object and purpose of our
existence; { GOD getting glory out of my
life!!} ??

2010/8/16 15:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy