SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Glenn Beck?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Glenn Beck?

I like Glenn Beck. I do. He is incredibly engaging and witty. He tells a great story, and lately he has shown himself to be one heck of a teacher (the blackboard and all...) but…there are some things about him, about his take on theology…well, let me put it this way:

Some things I love about Glenn Beck:

He is a thinker. He thinks, and thinking is in short supply these days. He loves and understands the idea that is the United States of America. He is able to articulate the original intent of the U.S. Constitution, and he argues his points from an historical perspective. He is passionate, sincere, and he is willing to be corrected on any point (as far as I can tell) if the facts are presented to him. He is not a mindless talking head like so many in the media, and he does not seem to be a sell out to any political party or corporation. (…We shall see)

Some things I do not like about Glenn Beck:

He doesn’t understand the Gospel, and yet he talks about the Gospel with as much confidence as he does the Constitution. Ironically, he argues rightly that the Constitution must be interpreted based upon the original intent of its writers. Yet, when it comes to the Bible, and the Gospel in particular, he does not hold himself to that same standard. He seems to fashion and form the meaning of the Gospel to fit his agenda for America. I agree with his agenda for America. I do not agree with his interpretation of the Gospel. His research and instruction about certain aspects of the history of the United States of America is impressive. I just wish, before talking about the Bible, he would be as diligent in his research of it.

I would stand arm and arm with Glenn Beck as it relates to his vision and passion for the preservation of this Union, but I wonder if he would have a face to face with anyone who would challenge him and present the facts about the real meaning of the Gospel. I love America Glenn, but the Gospel is not about this kingdom. No matter how hard we pray, no matter how hard we fight, the idea that is America will come to an end one day; that, which is born of the flesh, is flesh. Every flower, no matter how beautiful, must fade. It’s all about Jesus, Glenn. It’s all about His Kingdom, and His Kingdom will never end.

2010/8/11 7:55
knitefall

Re: Glenn Beck?

My understanding is that he on purpose did a great job of presenting the Gospel. Only to get publicity and then slowly insert little bits at a time, things of his own agenda and of false doctrine.

2010/8/11 10:45Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

Beware of the leaven of Herod.

2010/8/11 10:47Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

my question is where is the gentle humble spirit that is spoken of in the word?

2010/8/11 12:16Profile
Corneliu

Glenn Beck is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He is a mormon. Of course he doesn't understand the Gospel of God's Kingdom.

2010/8/11 14:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy