SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Close those Eyes and Bow your Head!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

Close those Eyes and Bow your Head!

So I remember growing up as a kid that we were always told to close our eyes and bow our head when someone prayed. I know the practical use of this that it is less distracting for everyone and we don't look around to get distracted while praying to God. As I was praying today though my little daughter came up to me just as I started to pray for my family member and lovingly looked her in the eyes as I prayed for her and the Lord just broke me completely with her little innocent eyes looking back in mine. If you have a child or are going to pray for someone I encourage you that instead of closing your eyes and bowing your head to look that individual in the eyes as you pray, please understand that this is not to take away from God.

I believe God has intended for us to be connecting as brothers and sisters in Christ through Him and praying for someone as you look them in the eye for me at least feels more personal and Love can be giving not only through your words but also through a look of encouragement, Love, and Compassion.

God Bless,
Matthew

2010/8/9 12:00Profile
live4jc

Re: Close those Eyes and Bow your Head!

Thanks Matthew for sharing about this experience :). There are so many things that God teaches us through our interactions with our kids. That was a blessing.

Take care and God bless !

In Jesus,
John

2010/8/9 12:52Profile
Nellie

Thanks Matthew,
Your post was a Blessing to me.
God Bless you.
Nellie

2010/8/9 15:21Profile
Know-Him

Interestingly I have prayed for a couple of people recently in this way. A hand on their shoulder, looking them in the eye. It was very intense and personal. Thank you Matthew for this confirmation.

2010/8/9 16:03Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

"Thomas Boston made it a rule to prepare himself for family worship, as regularly, & as honestly, As for the pulpit or the prayer meeting. And he had his remarkable rewards, as you will see when you read his remarkable Memoirs of himself." - Alexander Whyte's "Lord Teach Us To Pray"; Chpt 17: Reverence In Prayer

2010/8/9 21:27Profile
knitefall

Awesome, right on. Sometimes ol slewfoot might condemn for not "doing like all the others" but I sure have enjoyed watching people while I pray/ they pray.

2010/8/9 22:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy