SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Florida church plans to burn Quran on 9/11 anniversary

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Florida church plans to burn Quran on 9/11 anniversary

MIAMI: A Florida church said it plans to publicly burn copies of the Quran on the ninth anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, prompting threats from Islamic groups and warnings the move will trigger a rise in hate crimes.

The Dove World Outreach Center of Gainesville, Florida said on its Facebook page it will hold an "International Burn a Koran Day" on September 11, asking other religious groups to join in standing "against the evil of Islam. Islam is of the devil!"

"Islam and Sharia law was responsible for 9/11," pastor Terry Jones said. "We will burn Qurans because we think it’s time for Christians, for churches, for politicians to stand up and say no; Islam and Sharia law is not welcome in the US," the organizer of the burning action added.

Reactions to the Koran burning announcement were swift. Members of the Al-Falluja jihadist forum have threatened to "spill rivers of your (American) blood" and "a war the likes of which you have never seen before".

Mainstream Muslim groups also denounced the move and lamented the sentiments promoted by the Gainesville church.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/us/Florida-church-plans-to-burn-Quran-on-9/11-anniversary/articleshow/6242137.cms

2010/8/2 9:24
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Florida church plans to burn Quran on 9/11 anniversary

Instead of burning the Koran; why not
preach Christ and HIM crucified??
The gospel is still the answer and the
truth!!

2010/8/2 10:44Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Unless you are burning your Koran that you used to use as a Muslim, I personally think this is bad taste. Christ taught us to do unto others as we'd have them do unto us. And besides, I assume these guys are buying Koran's in order to burn them, which history shows is actually a counter productive measure. For if you buy a book in order to burn it, you've only funded the production of yet another book to replace it. I believe the Catholic Church did this with Luther's books, and without thinking about it, only lined his pockets.

2010/8/2 12:15Profile

We need to pray against this Pastor.

2010/8/2 12:48
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Thanks for posting this. The ignorance of that church causes me great grief. The Muslims are not our enemies and burning the Quran will not save a single soul. This gross act of insensitivity will make it more difficult for those dear evangelists who are currently working among Muslims. I wonder if any of the organizers ever shared the gospel with a single person of that religion.

The same article can be seen on CNN
http://edition.cnn.com/2010/US/07/29/florida.burn.quran.day/index.html?hpt=P1#fbid=rPijSebC5i7

2010/8/2 12:56Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Almost sounds like a particular church is looking for headlines. Not very wise in my opinion. Not because it may offend people, Jesus ofended people, but because I do not see the love in doing this.

May the Lord be glorified.

2010/8/2 14:01Profile
LoveGodsWay2

Ohio, USA

Re: We need to pray against this Pastor.

May I suggest that we pray "FOR" this Pastor.

2010/8/2 15:44Profile

Re:

It is really very sad to know it. The name of the Lord is dishonored.

2010/8/3 8:28
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

This making big news over here now, as I guess it is in the US.

What sort of church group is this that cannot see how wrong their action is? It's as if they have never read anything Jesus said! So frustrating.

But worse is the impact that this will have on our Christian brothers living in Islamic nations, who are already suffering persecution and violence. This will just put them at more risk. Barnabus fund in the UK has highlighted this issue, as they support the persecuted church, in particular those suffering at the hands of Islamic societies. They stand strongly against the error of Islam and the Koran, but in the right way and strongly condemn this action by this church in Florida.
see http://barnabasfund.org/

2010/9/8 9:31Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Thank you for the link Dave

2010/9/8 9:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy