SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Take Your Focus Off Your Problem And Put It On The Word

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
FranklinB

Take Your Focus Off Your Problem And Put It On The Word

When the troubles of life come don't put your focus on the problem put it on the word. The scripture says "While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal" (2Corinthians 4:18). Your problems are temporal(subject to change), but the word of God is eternal(everlasting). when you put your focus on the problem you loose sight of the power of God. Like Peter when Jesus told him to come to him out on the water, he got out of the boat and walked on the water until he saw the waves boisterous. Notice when he changed focus from Jesus to the waves he began to sink.

How about Elijah when he called fire down from heaven King Ahab told Queen Jezebel what had happened and she sent a messenger with a message that she was going to kill Elijah and he ran and hid and begged God to take his life just at Queen Jezebel's word. The man just called fire down from heaven and yet he got focused on Queen Jezebel's message and lost all sight of God's power (1Kings 19:1-4). The scripture says "While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen." God has done some things that may not appear to be done, but that's the time to walk by faith and not by sight (1Corinthians 5:7).

Like Elisha and his servant when the King of Syria sent his army to capture Elisha, they surrounded the city by night. When Elisha's servant arose that morning and saw the great multitude of soldiers he paniced, but when Elisha came out he said "Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them." Then Elisha prayed that his servant's eyes be opened and he saw the angels of God. Two men in the same situation one focused on the problem and the other focused of God's word.

How about Abraham both him and his wife were old and Sarah was barren, but God said that they would have a son what did Abraham do. He considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb (Romans 4:19). He was fully persuaded that, what God promised, he was able to perform (Romans 4:21). Notice what Abraham did, he didn't focus on the problem he focused on what God had promised. And that's exactly what you should do in the times of trouble.

2010/7/31 22:15Profile
jimp

Re: Take Your Focus Off Your Problem And Put It On The Word

hi, i do not agree with you for allof your examples didnt have a bible and the focus was on God. God spoke the word to them because He is sovereign and chose them...as He said ...you have not chosen Me I chose you. the answer to your problems is the finished work of Jesus and what He did for you...it is in relying on Him in a loving personal relationship...knowing Him.jimp

2010/7/31 22:31Profile
mamaluk

Re: Take Your Focus Off Your Problem And Put It On The Word

Jimp, how true it is of our GOD, sovereign with all of HIS choosing and design. How important it is too, for us to match HIS sovereignty with full responsibility, in order to please Him.

Peter, Elijah, Elisha and Abraham, had all triumphed through faith at times, and failed by the lack thereof at other times.

It is often easy for me to spend hours pacing back and forth fretting and worrying about different things,(just as I did all day yesterday, what a waste of precious time); while all that I should be doing is to focus on prayer and study, to renew my mind and replenish my faith through God's Word.

Focusing on fear and troubles as the aforementioned patriarch, prophets and apostle did, is futile and will only agitate us even more, not to mention, surely to displease God.

Thank you FranklinB, for reminding me of this most coveted gem - faith. I so needed it this moment in time.

mz
Edited spelling.

2010/8/1 11:59Profile
FranklinB

Re:

Thank you jimp for reading this article. The only idea behind this article is that instead of focusing on your problem you should focus on God's word. Thanks!

2010/8/1 21:05Profile
FranklinB

Re:

Thank you mamaluk I'm glad this article was encouraging to you. Thanks!

2010/8/1 21:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy