SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Why Christians are jerks online

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Quote:
Jesus came for the jerks.

That gives me hope!

2010/7/31 13:25Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

1 Corinthians 15:32 KJV
If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink ; for to morrow we die .

1 Corinthians 1:27 KJV
But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

I agree with Narrowpath

2010/7/31 15:49Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Oh how I love my brothers and sisters!

2010/7/31 17:02Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

We cannot hear that enough Heartsong. Me too, I love God's Children more than any others.

Because of abounding iniquity, in the last days, the love of many will grow cold. Are we going to be among the many, or the few? I most certainly am concerned about myself before others when I ask that.

The truth, when not braided with love, in our day may very well be what our Lord was talking about. I do not feel that he was making an external warning. It seems that this was a warning to believers.

And while Jesus did come to save this jerk (yours truly), He did not save him so he could stay that way.

I was reading in Philippians the other day and right in the first few verses we are told to grow in Love, Knowledge, and Discernment. What jumped out at me and really bothered me is, by nature, I would not have noticed anything significant if "love" had been removed. Naturally I would have just said Amen to the knowledge and discernment. But it really struck me, the importance of the three combined. Without love, knowledge and discernment are almost pointless coming out of a Christians mouth. May we all grow in love toward one another, as well as toward all those we fellowship with. Abounding more and more.

2010/7/31 18:36Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy