SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : The Law of Cancellation

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
StarofG0D

United States

The Law of Cancellation

At our last gathering, Joe made a comment that "to count something means that you have assigned a value to it." This statement brought to my mind a way to cancel out a number that I re-learned while repeating highschool as Skyler's aide (Skyler was a blind student). When we need to cancel out a number in order to solve an equation and find the variable we can simply cancel the number by doing its mathematic opposite. To cancel a positive number - add the negative of the same. To cancel a multiple - simply divide by the same.

This is true spiritually as well. Jesus said - "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." We can not simply attempt to resist evil passively, but we must actively oppose evil with good. So, if you are hurt by some word spoken against you - you must add "a blessing" (a positive) to cancel out the curse (the negative). The positive you add to the negative may involve the other person or you may simply add the positive thanksgiving to God. Adding the blessing with the cursing will cancel out the negative value of your hurt and keep the value of the event at zero. If we do this each time we encounter a negative - the positive good we add will cancel out the negative and the account of wrongs we keep against others will stay at zero.

May the Lord teach us all how to keep all records of wrong done to us at zero by understanding the law of cancelation. When we are cursed - we must add the opposite blessing. When we are harmed - we must add the opposite by doing good. When are are despitefully used - we must add the opposite by praying for the offender. This will insure that all of our accounts against others will be ZERO at all times - just like we all want our account to be with the Lord. We must love others like the Lord loves us. Out of His goodness, He adds His positive to our negative and the account of our sins against Him becomes ZERO! This is how we must love others.
-Alan Martin

2010/7/28 8:25Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: The Law of Cancellation

This is truly awesome. Thanks for sharing it. I now want to read the rest of what this man has to say. Is there a book I can buy somewhere?

2010/7/28 9:14Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

He lives in southeast missouri. Come visit!

No books that I am aware of, however he has some messages here on sermonindex.

2010/7/28 10:16Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re:

does he have a link to a webpage where you got the article from?

I wish I could come and visit. However restaurant owners don't usually get too far from home.

2010/7/28 10:21Profile
fromtheold

South Africa

Re:

Wow that's a great way of putting it.

2010/7/28 14:40Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Goldminer,
It's from an email that gets sent out, but if you'd like I can post them on here more often.

2010/7/28 16:25Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

How about a website address? Would you post that for us to receive our own emails?

Thanks!

2010/7/28 16:58Profile
Lydo

Bangalore India

StarofGod,

Thank you very much for sharing this article.
It is a blessing.

God bless you

2010/7/28 23:37Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re:

Yes please do post them more often, and what Lysa said too.

2010/7/28 23:38Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

well, perhaps we should ask Brother Greg to post some of Alan's written articles on here..

He knows him better than i even do!

2010/7/28 23:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy