SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Did Jesus get annoyed by personalities?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Silo

Did Jesus get annoyed by personalities?

I don't really know how to address or ask this but I need advice as I work in full-time ministry.

I'm really getting annoyed by everybody. I know people are people whether there saved or not. But there's one girl who does nothing but complain about the temperature in the office all day, another guy constantly gives me high 5's and I want him to stop, another guy who takes over every conversation, and so on and so forth.

Is this for life? Can I address things I don't like or do I just deal with things I don't like until the day I die?? LoL

I'm wondering if Jesus got annoyed by the different personalities of his disciples.

2010/7/23 15:09Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re: Did Jesus get annoyed by personalities?

Some times I think the Lord allows these things so that we may press into Him more. It's a way of chastening, I think. To have deeper more intimate fellowship with Him, and less with our carnal way of doing things. :)

2010/7/23 15:16Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

JESUS was annoyed with hypocrisy, with
injustice, with unrighteousness and sin
but showed compassion. Can you do that??

2010/7/23 16:01Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

haha yes! ;p

2010/7/23 16:04Profile
Koheleth

NC

Quote:
there's one girl who does nothing but complain about the temperature in the office all day

Every time she does, quote verses on how complaining is a sin.

Quote:
another guy constantly gives me high 5's and I want him to stop

It takes two to high five.

Quote:
another guy who takes over every conversation

Talk to him in private or leave the conversations. Or, if those don't work, learn to be a good, quiet, patient listener. Practice patiently and quietly listening to someone you don't want to listen to. And think about how Jesus felt when people spoke to him.

2010/7/23 16:35Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Maybe you are on the verge of burnout?

2010/7/23 16:37Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Maybe a vacation would do you good. I will sympathize with the high five guy though because I love a good high five :)

2010/7/23 20:04Profile
SolaVeritas

SK Canada

Re:

The things you mentioned can be dealt with in the manner that Koheleth explained. When you stop and think about it, there is always a decent way we can let people know how they trespass against us, rather than reacting emotionally and creating hurt feelings.
Having said that, the best way to deal with people we can't stand is to pray for them. Seriously, it works! Don't say, "Lord whack him, he goes on my nerves", but something like, "I bring Joe before you, Lord. He seems to have a need to be noticed. Father, you know him better than anybody. Bless him richly and reveal yourself to him". You'll be surprised how you own attitude changes!
Have fun. :)

2010/7/23 22:20Profile
StevenL

I've no doubt that the Lord has been annoyed by my personality more than a few times. :) So have I.

2010/7/24 12:00Profile

"Is this for life? Can I address things I don't like or do I just deal with things I don't like until the day I die??"

Probably."If any man would come after me, let him deny himself, pick up his cross..[ death ], and follow me."

2010/7/24 12:23

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy