SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : DeVern Fromke - Ultimate Intention

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

DeVern Fromke - Ultimate Intention

I have been reading DeVern Fromke's book "Ultimate Intention" recently and God has changed me through this book. It has really helped to open my eyes to Scriptural truth, to see things from a more God-centered perspective.

I am stunned as God's ultimate purpose is unvelied before my eyes, I have been reading it in Scripture for a long time now but wasn't really seeing the truth, one moment of Spirit led revelation has done far more work than many many hours of study, what a blessing!

It's interesting, as God reveals more of Himself to me I realize just how little I really know, I see His glory through a tiny little crack, Oh Lord, open my eyes wider! Oh Lord, deliver me unto your purpose!

In Christ,

Ron

2003/8/31 12:02Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re: DeVern Fromke - Ultimate Intention

An URL for a site which holds Fromke's book:

http://www.master-press.com/books/devernfromke.html

2003/8/31 12:45Profile
revivaltheology

I have not heard of Fromke or his book before. Could you share the main points? Thanks.

2003/8/31 21:12Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Thanks for that link Lars, here is a link to the Kingsley Press site where I purchased the book, it is a little cheaper at this site...$7.50;

[url] http://www.kingsleypress.com/devern_fromke_books.html [/url]

For those of you interested, you can read a general description of the book on the Kingsley Press web site.

I would add that this book has been the most life changing message I have read outside of the Bible. It focuses on seeing God's whole purpose for our lives, a purpose that includes redemption but also goes far beyond that. It's a call to a deeper walk and a life lived unto and by the power of Another.

I think it's a must read for all Christians who desire spiritual growth in their lives, I have not even finished it yet and I'm already planning to read it again because I'm sure I haven't grasped nearly all that is there yet.

In Christ,

Ron

2003/8/31 23:35Profile
MarkG

Florida USA

Yes, DeVern Fromke's book "Ultimate Intention" or God's "eternnal purpose" is a must read. I read it the first time 20 years ago and reread it again a couple of months ago. Each time that I read it I wonder why I "did not see this before".

It reminds us that we should always seek to see the truths about God's will and plan from "God's view" not man's. I also enjoy the fact that Fromke uses other authors work that I trust. We can sure see the "Body of Christ" in action in this book.

Another one of his books that is very good is "Unto Full Stature". It has somewhat of the subjective (personal) look at God's truths where "Ultimate Intention" has more of a objective view.

Take care Mark

2003/9/1 11:51Profile

Re:

I really love this book! If you read his three main books,

The Ultimate Intention
Unto Full Stature
No Other Foundation

you will never read your Bible the same again. You will begin to see things from God's eternal purpose and not from Man's side. Most of Christian teaching and thinking is based on what "I" get from God, ie. salvation, mercy compassion etc. but we really need to see what God gets. He does not exist for us but we for Him and for His pleasure, but modern Christianity perverts the Truth to make it man-centered.

Kevin

2003/9/4 9:08
Croref

Re:

Is anyone still interested in this book?

2012/10/16 15:32Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Excerpts from “The Ultimate Intention” (1) – by Devern Fromke

“I believe the hour has come when God is initiating another major recovery. This time it is not just a truth, but the restoration of something so imperative that it will give the ultimate perspective to all truth.” (Preface, pg.9)

“Believers may not often realize it, but even as believers we are either centered in man, or centered in God. There is no alternative. Either God is the center of our universe and we have become rightly adjusted to Him, or we have made ourselves the center and are attempting to make all else orbit around us and for us. When the truth dawns, we are amazed to discover how the snare of making all things to revolve around man has been the bane of most of our preaching and teaching. This is true even of the area of teaching which is considered to be of the deeper life emphasis. As long as men are victims of this wrong philosophy and approach to truth, they cannot avoid reckoning from a self-center. When the center is wrong, then everything in our reckoning is wrong. It is my prayer that in these pages the reader will discover the lost coin of truth and be prepared to take what may seem like drastic measures in accepting a new center, where the whole conception of the Christian life is changed from man-consciousness to God-consciousness; from man as the center to God as the center from which all truth is seen. ” (Preface, pg.10)

2012/10/26 23:14Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

If anyone is still interested... here is "A Collection of Writings from the ministry of DeVern Fromke:"

http://coursematerials.vision.edu/le504/no_other_foundation.pdf

2012/10/26 23:27Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Lysa,

Thank you very much for providing this website for us, which includes the book "No Other Foundation." I had the privledge of meeting DeVern Fromke at the Christian Family Conference that was held in Richmond Virginia in 2003.At this conference was Stephen Kaung, who worked with Watchman Nee, and translated many of his books.

DeVern Fromke's works would be beneficial to all those that are seeking a Christ centered Christianity as opposed to that which man is building and is centered on man.

Mike

2012/10/27 7:13Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy