SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Date with God

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
phoe

Bangalore, India

Date with God

“Cast thy burdens upon the Lord, and He shall sustain thee; He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved” Ps 55:22

It is a heavy burden, roll it on Omnipotence. It is thy burden now, and it crushes thee; but when the Lord takes it, He will make nothing of it. If thou art called still to bear it, “He will sustain thee.” It will be on Him, and not on thee. Thou wilt be so upheld under it that the burden will be a blessing. Bring the Lord into the matter and thou wilt stand upright under that which in itself would bow thee down.

Our worst fear is lest our trial should drive us from the path of duty; but this the Lord will never suffer. If we are righteous before Him, He will not endure that our affliction should move us from our standing. In Jesus He accepts us as righteous, and in Jesus He will keep us so.

What about the present moment? Art thou going forth to this day’s trial alone? Are thy poor shoulders again to be galled with the oppressive load? Be not so foolish. Tell the Lord all about thy grief, and leave it with Him. Don’t cast your burden down, and then take it up again; but roll it on the Lord, and leave it there. Then shalt thou walk at large, a joyful and unburdened believer, singing the praises of thy great Burden-bearer.

--C H Spurgeon

This passage blessed me a lot and its a constant struggle to throw the burdens away on Him and not take it again not even to think about it as i've already thrown it...its in a way to prove how much do i REALLY trust the Lord and willing to see the situation that is pressing me down handled by the Lord Jesus and rest in Him! Teach me Lord i'm far away from that state..

2010/7/21 5:53Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: Date with God

This is a good word for me today. Thanks.

Last night I had a dream that my 15 year old granddaughter had taken of to the bad side of town. A person that told me she left said that it was over by a certain church, can't remember the name, but it was through the dangerous part of town.

This troubled me, but your quote has brought me back to focus. I will go now and cast ALL my care on Him who is able.

2010/7/21 8:28Profile
Lydo

Bangalore India

Re: Date with God

Hi phoe,

Thank you for posting this.
Even I am going to practice "casting all my burdens on the LORD AND keeping it there", and I know I can do it only in the power of the Holy Spirit.

I have failed so many times in the past when tough times have come my way and got dissapointed, but I am not going to give up, whom else in the world can I trust, I can trust my Creator alone who loves me with an everlasting love.
I am going to pass the test this time, and by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Dear saints,
Let us never give up.There is no one else we can trust but we can trust our loving heavenly father, our creator who will never fail.
HIS word is true, it will never fail, HE has said - "I WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU NOR FORSAKE YOU".
And the devil is scared of such a child of God.

2010/7/21 23:24Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

I love Spurgeon, but why did you title this "date with God."

Sorry but that just weirds me out.

I don't plan on just dating God, nor will I ever.

When people say "Jesus is my boyfriend." It gives me the creepies.

Just some thoughts about that.

Lord bless you. :)

2010/7/22 0:20Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

"When people say "Jesus is my boyfriend." It gives me the creepies."

I can honestly say that I have never uttered those words before :-)

2010/7/22 1:03Profile
phoe

Bangalore, India

Re:

Its the name of the daily devotional book written by Spurgeon from which this passage is taken.

2010/7/22 1:33Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy