SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : I am playing the Paul Washer shocking message at my work tommorow

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Brother Washer is no doubt a reformed/calvinistic theologian and preacher. Does that bother me? Not much. I like him and his preaching, even though I'm a lot less reformed/calvinistic in my understanding of the Scriptures.

2010/7/21 18:27Profile
Lkid

Re: I am playing the Paul Washer shocking message at my work tommorow

Please pray about what you are doing. I played the revival hymn for my step Dad once and it went over like a lead baloon if you know what i mean. Sometimes the things that get us excited and speak to us are exactly what the people around us DON'T need to hear. i could be wrong, but could the people in your assisted living home be edified (even the Catholics) by first your graceful behavior and second by the Gospel message or some other word from the Bible. The shocking message was for a particular group at a particular time and may not be for your seniors centre. I could certainly be wrong, i'm just saying pray about it and search the scriptures to see what God says.

I'll pray for you.

Lloyd

2010/7/21 19:54Profile
KathleenP

Maine

Re:

I am very curious as to how this turned out? Did you have the opportunity to share this message?

I always trust that obedience and a willing, pure heart, can only bear good fruit.

2010/7/22 7:05Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

I played it yesterday, they let it keep going till about the part where he started to pray for the children so about the 53 minute mark or so. I really don't know what everyone thought because only one person commented a christian woman and she is a fundamentallists and she said it was excellent. The rest and including the elderly and workers at work who watched were silent, I would say about 25 people were watching. Some were sleeping as usual some of the elderly do that. But there was much silence during it and I hope it left a mark and that the Lord will do something with it. For the past 2 weeks at the bible studies i gave them the gospel as my first message and then the second message was on idolatry in our hearts. I have tried to go in depth on the nature of God and how he hates sin and i explained what happened on the cross in detail. Jimotheous i have to disagree with you, you can't prove calvinism wrong so firstly I can see biblically someone teaching because biblically there are scriptures that could lean us toward it. Salvation is a work of God and not of us, we will not choose God on our own, only when God works in us, and we have been around those who are spiritually dead even those who say their seeking God, but we know God must regenerate or awaken them. Secondly Washer points out the gospel better than anyone and more accurately, i believe also he points out that God loves the sinner but hates the sin which no one preaches today better than most, Gods hatred abides upon all who are rejecting Christ at this time, but at the same time his arms are opened up for all to recieve Christ but if you reject that his wrath and holy hatred abides on us, psalms says the wicked he hates, we sometimes forget we are all wicked before we come to Christ and if it wasn't for Christ we would remain it in God's eyes. Washer pointed out that salvation was by faith alone in Christ and makes it very clear, he barely speaks on calvinism though you will often here him speak about it without saying it like praying that God will bring them to repentance and grant them mercy and grace, it is always God. He didn't tell one child that they couldn't come to Christ because they were not elected because he knows the ones who choose him our elected so he preaches the gospel and does hinder anyone from coming. My whole issue with calvinism is that some of them seem to take the all verses or whole world and then say it is not speaking of everyone, maybe it isn't but those specific verses are speaking to anyone who will come,yes maybe only the elect do, but let all remain all and the whole world mean whole world, it is not our job to worry if its the elect or not.

2010/7/22 10:18Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

I will let you know the reaction when i go back to work on monday we will see if anyone says anything. But washer is needed i don't think the elderly take God that serious from what i see, most of them watch tv most of the day and don't seem to worry about God till church, I could be wrong but that is what i see so i am trying to make them see that we are commanded to love God with all our hearts first and foremost that was the purpose of the bible study on the idolatry of the heart. If God is everything they need to hear it because chances are no one says anything about it to them. Washer is so needed because no one cares about sin anymore they can watch things and hear things and do things with absolutely no worry and that includes me. Until we fear God we need to hear Jeremiahs and Jonahs today more than ever.

2010/7/22 10:23Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

Well i asked some about the video and all the christian ladies loved it and the activity leader said it was real good and wanted to know if i had more videos, but i don't know if they really liked truly but they said they did. I noticed not as much people are at the study anymore, mostly catholics left, but also it was hot out so some might have not come. I will be speaking on the word of God the next few weeks and did today please pray for me. Pray for those listening and those who aren't many souls at my job need prayer and salvation.

2010/7/28 19:00Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy