SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Inspiring Christians

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
staff

Inspiring Christians

Eric Liddell......
I was inspired today by the story of Eric Liddell 400 metre Olympic Champion in Paris in 1924,Scotland Rugby Player and Missionary in China.He is depicted in the film Chariots of Fire.
His following qoute is great:
We are all missionaries. Wherever we go, we either bring people nearer to Christ, or we repel them from Christ.”
"I believe that God made me for a purpose, but He also made me fast. When I run, I feel His pleasure."
Eric Liddell refused to run the 100metres his best event in the Olympics because the heats of the race were run on a Sunday so ended up running the 400metres race.
He ran the final with a note in his hand given to him by an American Massuer with a quotation from 1 Samuel 2:30, "Those who honor me I will honor."
Liddell broke the world record on his way to Gold.
Liddell went to China where he was born to do missionary work and was interned by the Japaneese where he died in 1945.According to a fellow missionary the entire camp were in shock at his death and said his final words were "It's complete surrender" in reference to how he had completely surrendered his life to his God.
He was given an opportunity to leave the camp in an prisioner exchange but gave his place to someone else.
I must get his biography.This lifted my spirits.
An awe inspiring true life Christian....Eric Liddell

2010/7/18 16:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy