SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : If My People Will Humble Themselves

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Spitfire

If My People Will Humble Themselves

My pastor preached an awesome message today. He preached the truth, no holds barred. He referrenced the text, "if my people will humble themselves...". Honestly, his message was about the importance of this upcoming presidential election and our responsibility, as Christians, to pray in repentance for us as a nation. And of course, he made it clear that John Kerry isn't an option for us.

As he was speaking, I was just wondering if there is any hope that our nation will turn back to God? I guess, in my heart, I don't believe it's going to happen. I mean, overall. I do believe the church will be revived, but not the general population. Pastor said that California has just passed that hate-crime bill. He said one preacher has already been arrested and charged for preaching against homosexuality. As I was listening to that, I had the thought that, if other states follow suit with a hate-crime law, it will be completly unsafe to preach the gospel within 2 years. Of course, that shouldn't stop us from preaching the gospel. That's why we need to love not our lives unto death, cause we may have to die for the sake of the gospel right here in America. Isaiah 60 says that darkness will cover the earth and gross darkness the people, but a light will arise in God's people and nations will come to that light. I feel such an urgency to get things straight between me and God. I can't explain it, but I just really want to surrender all so that God's will can be carried out in me and he can receive glory no matter what I have to face. I don't feel an urgency to try and change the world, I feel an urgency to see myself changed. I believe it is happening, step by step, line upon line, precept upon precept, but I just feel such an urgency like never before. You know, I used to be able to procrastinate, spiritually speaking, but now, I can hardly sleep. I'm sure this is something that Holy Spirit has done, and I'm sure it isn't just me. I've never been so...beside myself with urgency. I think I just felt a drop of rain...

2004/10/24 16:16Profile
riki

Sweden

Re: If My People Will Humble Themselves

Quote:
I feel such an urgency to get things straight between me and God. I can't explain it, but I just really want to surrender all so that God's will can be carried out in me and he can receive glory no matter what I have to face. I don't feel an urgency to try and change the world, I feel an urgency to see myself changed. I believe it is happening, step by step, line upon line, precept upon precept, but I just feel such an urgency like never before. You know, I used to be able to procrastinate, spiritually speaking, but now, I can hardly sleep. I'm sure this is something that Holy Spirit has done, and I'm sure it isn't just me. I've never been so...beside myself with urgency. I think I just felt a drop of rain...

Dian, this is so good to hear! Thank God He is doing a work in His people, preparing us for these last days! Be encouraged, you are not alone.

/Rikard

2004/10/24 16:38Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Re:

Yes praise God, you are not alone.

I feel this same urgency in my spirit these days but unfortunately I spend a lot of time repenting and focusing on myself. I pray those days will accomplish the gutting out of self in me, so that I can have a heart for others.

That's my prayer for you and all the believers here at S.I.. I heard a man from OpenDoors talking about persecution of the church coming the U.S. and it's going to take that to wake some people up. They are preparing materials for the U.S. as to how to survive when this happens here.

If it means that Jesus will be glorified, then praying for persecution is a good thing. But it's always His will, not mine.

Thank God for waking you up (going through a similar experience as you know). He's waking me up at all times now, for different reasons and I just pray whether it's a "convenient" time or not, that I just obey. Lord give us a heart bent on following your will and yours alone.

2004/10/24 19:37Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy