SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Sweden Bans Home-schooling, Religious Instruction

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Sweden Bans Home-schooling, Religious Instruction

The Kingdom of Sweden took a dramatic turn toward totalitarianism with the adoption of a sweeping new education “reform” package that essentially prohibits home schooling and forces all schools to teach the same government curriculum.

The draconian 1,500-page law — deceptively referred to by the Swedish government as “The new Education Act - for knowledge, choice and security” — was approved by Parliament last week amidst strong criticism and opposition. When it goes into effect next year, the entire educational system will be transformed, and alternative education abolished.

So-called “independent schools,” already financed and largely controlled by government, will now have to submit to the same regulatory framework as regular government schools. They will also be required to follow state-issued syllabi and curricula. ...

read more: http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/world-mainmenu-26/europe-mainmenu-35/3885-sweden-bans-home-schooling-religious-instruction

2010/7/14 19:16Profile

Re: Sweden Bans Home-schooling, Religious Instruction

Kind of scary, honestly.

2010/7/14 19:43
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re:

Sad!

2010/7/14 21:50Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

There was talk of them wanting to outlaw homeschooling in either ohio or missouri (I forget which), unless you had a teaching degree.

I thought perhaps it's worth it to go back to college just to get a teaching degree just so that I could teach mine and others kids!

Isn't homeschooling already illegal in a lot of countries?

2010/7/14 22:04Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

The kings of this world conspire against the Lord and His Anointed. But, the Lord laughs at them, and will bring them to swift destruction, as he has all tyrants and wicked men throughout history.

May out Lord be with the faithful in Sweden, and grant them opportunity to persevere in continuing to homeschool their children or flee the country.

2010/7/14 22:29Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

Amen Taylor...

2010/7/15 3:04Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

well emigration never been so dear to my thoughts as of now, I have four children that is to enter the schools the next few years, unless the Lord leads me otherwise. Those who feel lead could remember me and my family in prayers.

2010/7/15 3:59Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: Sweden Bans Home-schooling, Religious Instruction

http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2010/jun/10062801.html

2010/7/15 4:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy