SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Mel Gibson

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
cantabria

Mel Gibson

Please pray for Mel Gibson. The Passion of the Christ was a tremendous, used of God film, and I believe the enemy is trying to destroy this man. Please pray for his salvation. His life is imploding.....

2010/7/12 20:07Profile

Re: Mel Gibson

Mel Gibson has been exposed. Its very sad to see the real man, yet this is the reality of much of Hollywood. A very Cathoic man with an extremly Catholic father, part of a strict sect that did not recognize Vatican 11. And a very Catholic movie. If you are going to make a movie about Christ, you stand on very dangerous grounds, and not from the Devil, I believe.

I agree with praying for his salvation. As an ex-Catholic, I would urge all brothers and sisters to pray for the salvation of Catholics...........brother Frank

2010/7/12 21:54
Goldminer

Alabama

I will pray for him.

2010/7/12 23:25Profile
RainMan

Re:

Dont really know much about mels private life. But my question is are we implying that by default Catholics are not saved? If so what other denominations are all condemned by default? I have heard prominent WOF preaches literally deny the divinity of christ and imply that they themselves are are "little gods" are members of such congregations all unsaved as well?

2010/7/13 4:14Profile

Re:

HI Rainman, I would say that by default Catholics are not saved. In fact even that term would make very little sense to a Catholic. I was raised in a Catholic community. The doctrinal errors are endless and over the years we have discussed many of them on this site, you may want to dig and find them............Frank

2010/7/13 5:08
JB1968

Ohio USA

He has made and participated in many wicked movies throughout the years. He needs to be saved. He has not been exposed, this has been the story of his life. He needs the Lord in his life.

2010/7/13 7:36Profile
RainMan

Re:JB1968

What about Word of Faith belivers are they unsaved by default to?

2010/7/13 8:15Profile
Solomon101

America's Heartand

Re:

Rainman-
I don't want to hijack the thread and take it off topic. However it seems to me that your question needs to be answered.

Rainman may I suggest you quit listening to what the self proclaimed "knowledgable experts" say and actually let the so called "word of faith" persons words speak for themselves. In fact the term, "word of faith", was used by the Holy Spirt through the Apostle Paul and is where the term originally came from.

But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;Romans 10:8 KJV In its context it says...

7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

The term itself is a Biblical one. I must agree that there are some guys out there called word of faith that are certainly in error on some different points. I certainly don't endorse error..however it is often just the persons perception that there is an error.Often it is not actually a reality they are making judgment against. Their judgements of "heresy and error" are often simply false accusations based upon ignorance of actual facts in the situation. However, there is the tendency to label someone "Word of faith" and then condemn them as heretics by the self proclaimed "holy righteous and without error" heresy hunters.... kind of a modern day Spanish Inquisition group out on a witch hunt.

As an example I have seen posts lambasting Kenneth Hagin as a dangerous raging heretic. Nothing could be farther from the truth. In fact if you want to actually see what he taught day in and day out on prosperity please read his book The Midas Touch...until then please reserve judgement...I think you will find almost NOTHING you have read or heard from others is true.

Your original question was...Are Word of Faith people even born again/saved? I post the following from Kenneth Hagin Ministries statement of faith. I heard him preach these very truths myself on MANY occasions...It is no small thing that there are those who will post great accusations against this man when he preached the new birth under the belief systems below. The belief statements below are taken verbatim from the Rhema Doctrinal Statement...

MAN, HIS FALL AND REDEMPTION—Man is a created being, made in the likeness and image of God, but through Adam’s transgression and fall, sin came into the world. The Bible says “...all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God,” and “...There is none righteous, no, not one” (Rom. 3:10; 3:23). Jesus Christ, the Son of God, was manifested to undo the works of the devil and gave His life and shed His blood to redeem and restore man back to God (Rom. 5:14; 1 John 3:8).
Salvation is the gift of God to man, separate from works and the Law, and is made operative by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, producing works acceptable to God (Eph. 2:8–10).

ETERNAL LIFE AND THE NEW BIRTH—Man’s first step toward salvation is godly sorrow that worketh repentance. The New Birth is necessary to all men, and when experienced, produces eternal life (2 Cor. 7:10; John 3:3–5; 1 John 5:12).

HELL AND ETERNAL RETRIBUTION—The one who physically dies in his sins without accepting Christ is hopelessly and eternally lost in the lake of fire and, therefore, has no further opportunity of hearing the Gospel or repenting. The lake of fire is literal. The terms “eternal” and “everlasting,” used in describing the duration of the punishment of the damned in the lake of fire, carry the same thought and meaning of endless existence as used in denoting the duration of joy and ecstasy of saints in the Presence of God (Heb. 9:27; Rev. 19:20).

Is that not plain enough? Do not believe all of what you hear about "word of faith". Much of it is simply false accusation...and those spewing it will ultimately answer for being a false accuser of the bretheren and God's children.

Hey Rainman..if you read the entire post I appreciate your willingness to be open minded and research for truth.

Have a blessed day!

2010/7/13 9:47Profile
RainMan

Re: Solomon101

Thanks for your post. I can tell you i have indeed read some of hagins books including the midas touch. Personally i find when i did a spirit lead exegesis on the material i wasnt in agreement with everything he said as he read allot into scriptures that i personally do not believe are in context of the scripture (but thats me). I have read allot of hagins work and its seems very new age. In a nutshell i believe that it is the Spirit that draws men to God. Im not sure any may can accept christ unless he is first drawn. I believe the Spirit of God can do a work of salvation in any denomination. My point is no denomination by default saves people its the work of the Spirit. I also admit that sound doctrine is the tool used by the Spirit as in Rom 10:17 but you can be in a denomination with sound doctrine and false conversions just like you can be in a denomination with false doctrine and still be called by God and saved. Regarding WOF word of faith as hagin, creflo, copeland defined it is different from the bible in my humble opinion.

any doctrine that says Jesus was a demon possessed man that went to hell to i could get a financial breakthrough needs scrutiny. Most WOF preachers that i know (speak it into existence because you are Gods) do preach about 95% truth most of the time but would you eat food that you knew had even just 0.00005% cyanide. Most of the devils deceptions are based on manipulation of truth.

[edited]
All men are condemned by default in adam not by denomination. But salvation is for as many believe and accept christ.

2010/7/13 12:16Profile
RainMan

Re: Solo

I agree with your comment about heresy hunters. Its great we have so many teachers who elaborate on heresy and God knows that helped me come out of a false doctrine but often one can lose focus of our first love and become hell bent on trying everyone to see if there doctrine is right.

I just read about mel today in the papers (UK) but am i missing something. The story i read was about him threatening his former girlfriend. If the man was having sex outside marriage why went we praying for him then?

2010/7/13 12:27Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy