SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : What or who is Israel?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

What or who is Israel?

There is a physical Israel consisting of Hebrews of the lineage of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and there is also a spiritual Israel consisting of the same, but includes gentiles who were grafted into the spiritual root after the Lord Jesus ascended on high, and after the feast of Pentecost as per Acts 10 - http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts%2010-11:18&version=NKJV

Not ALL references to Israel in the bible refers to the spiritual Israel, and NOT all references to Israel in the bible refers to the physical Israel either.

Not all Jews believe, and although they belong to the physical Israel, they do not belong to the spiritual Israel (because of their unbelief). National Israel lost the Spiritual heritage when they were cut off after the resurrection of God's only Son - when they were dispersed during the diaspora - a judgement that lasted almost 2000 years. But God has, in these last days, has brought them back together in the land that He promised to their forefathers...and the day of restoration is at hand.

Believing Israel re: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts+7%3A38&version=KJV was the called church (or congregation) in the wilderness.

The Church/Israel is a spiritual body of called out ones (elected)...The Greek word ekklēsia, literally "assembly, congregation, council", is the traditional term referring to the Christian Church, but we read in scripture this also referred to believing Israel as well.

I won't go into it in depth on how gentiles were grafted into the stock of Israel too much with this post (Romans 11) as per http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans%2011&version=NASB as the Apostle Paul wrote about.

...but

The "Congregation" aka "Church" aka "Ekklēsia" Is Israel of whom gentiles were grafted in (this is not national unbelieving Israel) but elected saints now consisting of both the Jew first and also the Gentile. And I am not talking about replacement theology, nobody is replacing national Israel unbelieving or otherwise. The Israelites have always been the Church...ALWAYS! The gentiles were grafted into this body, not made a Jew in the flesh, but of the Spirit who gives life to all, for there is no partiality with God.

The OT which says and makes referance to the CHURCH IN THE WILDERNESS and how that church is called THE CALLED OUT ONES. Israel was called the Church, before the gentiles were grafted in - this is to say that the Church (the Spiritual Israel) did not start on Pentecost. The Church received power for Godly living and testimony on Pentecost - It is through the righteousness of God that the free gift of the Holy Spirit is given, even to us, who through obedience to the faith in Christ Jesus are made righteous by His shed blood...in that He took away our sins, and in the absence of sin the righteous requirements of the law are fulfilled; therefore, the Holy Spirit could come.

It was not until sin was removed (through the cross of Christ), and the righteous requirements of the law were fulfilled (absence of sin), that the Holy Spirit could come.

For what the law could not do(written law), in that it was weak through the flesh (because we could not keep the law through the flesh), God (did) (by)sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh (took away the sins - so that power for righteous living could be given):

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us (absence of sin through the blood of Christ), who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Romans 8:3-4 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body (power for righteous living), you will live. Rom 8:13 (emphasis mine)

Paul stated in Romans 11 that the Gentiles have been GRAFTED INTO THIS BODY, therefore making BOTH in the SAME BODY AND SPIRITUAL ROOTS.

Paul went on to teach in Ephesians that that there is NOW NO DIVIDING WALL between the Jew or the Gentile, FOR WE ARE NOW ONE BODY.

For you who may be reading this post and are not familiar with Pauls writing in Ephesians, I challenge you to read Ephesians and NOTE IN PATICULAR verses 2:11-22. You will find the following statements:

1. The Gentiles (at one time) were aliens from the commonweath of Israel.

2. The Gentiles (at one time) were called uncircumcision who had NO HOPE being,
without Christ in this World.

3. The Gentiles were (at one time) strangers from the covenants of promise.

4. Jesus Christ brought us ALL NEAR BY HIS BLOOD and made peace.

5. Jesus ABOLISHED in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments
contained in ordinances in order to MAKE ONE NEW MAN [BODY OR CHURCH]

6. Jesus reconciled BOTH BY HIS CROSS....PUTING away the condemnation against
all people.

7. ALL OF US, JEW AND GENTILE are according to the Apostle Paul, [Who was writing SCRIPTURE],..........

FELLOW-CITIZENS IN THE.....HOUSEHOLD OF GOD.

The Apostle Paul now goes on in Chapter 3 to say some VERY IMPORTANT WORDS. He NOW MENTIONS THE DISPENSATION OF THE GRACE OF GOD, and how this Mystery was the fact that the Gentiles should be FELLOW HEIRS, AND OF THE SAME BODY, AND PARTAKERS OF HIS PROMISE IN CHRIST BY THE GOSPEL.

This fully sums it up....THERE IS ONLY ONE CHURCH/ISRAEL of whom the gentiles were grafted in.

National Israel today (unbelieving as they are), is not the church (spiritual Israel) or the called out ones, but if all Jews in Israel suddenly accepted the Lord Jesus they would be grafted back into their own branch (the spiritual Israel),

...And they also, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.

For if you (gentile) were cut off from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these who are the natural branches be grafted into their own olive tree?Romans 11:23-24

The book of Revelations in not about national Israel, but about believing Israel (of whom gentiles were grafted in). The Kingdom will be restored to national Israel when Jesus returns and rules as King over the nations from Jerusalem, but then there will not be an unbelieving Jew in Israel at that time. Imagine all of the Apostles and the 12 Patriarchs, Moses, Elijah, King David, Enoch...all walking the streets of Jerusalem together. Do you think there will be any unbelieving Jews in Israel in that day with these guys walking around?

NOW PAY ATTENTION

National Israel today, is a direct fulfillment of prophecy of Jews coming into there own land...but only a remnant will be saved. It is a prophecy marker and a timeline to us who believe, and to show us that we are in the very last of days...that this generation will see the coming of the Lord.

The nation of Israel today is as a sign of the end of this age, and that the Lord Jesus is about to return. (the full number of the gentiles (grafted into spiritual Israel/Church) is almost come in). There will be a great falling away of Adam's race and many in what is now supposedly called the church, but from the ruins of what was once a [url=http://the-christians-forum.com/single/?p=243017&t=3186065][b]"Grand Old Mansion"[/b][/url] will arise a new one much more glorious then the former, even as the Prophet Haggai has said: The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the LORD of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the LORD of hosts.”

Antichrist will come first before the rebuilding of the [url=http://the-christians-forum.com/single/?p=243017&t=3186065][b]"Grand Old Mansion"[/b][/url] and deceive many, but not all.

A great revival will occur on earth such as not have been since time began, so great will be this move of the Spirit of God. Time is so short now, and it is time for those who are sitting on the fence with their Christianity to sit up and take notice to what is coming, because of day of judgement is approaching...time to get ready. The days of the Great Tribulation will soon be upon us.

I believe there is a biblical purpose for (national Israel) today, and that is the direct fulfillment of Ezekiel 36-37
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ezekiel%2036-37&version=NKJV

The full restoration national Israel is still pending, and will be completed AFTER the first resurrection and AFTER the battle of Armageddon when our Lord Jesus restores ALL things. Israel as a nation today is a sign of the end of the age of the time also known as "the time of the gentiles".

The Lord Jesus has said this and also reaffirmed by the Apostle Paul.

The time of the Gentiles is almost complete...that is to say "the fulness of the Gentiles is almost come in"

Did not our Lord Jesus even say:

"Jerusalem shall be trampled under foot by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled." (Luke 21:24)

This is why Israel is a nation today, because the prophecy is fulfilled and this time has now come...we are at the gateway to the time known as the Great Tribulation and the day of the Lord...and time is running out.

The existence of the nation of Israel in this last hour, is a prophecy marker about the imminent return of the Lord Jesus the Messiah of Israel.

As the Apostle Paul has written:

For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel (the Jews) until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:

........Until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in....and then what?

Here's what:

“ The Deliverer will come out of Zion,
And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;
For this is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins.”
Romans 11:25-27

...so the Jew will be grafted back into their own Branch (spiritual Israel) as a nation!

There is a remnant of Israel that will be saved:

1 I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel, saying, 3 “LORD, they have killed Your prophets and torn down Your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life”? 4 But what does the divine response say to him? “I have reserved for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.” 5 Even so then, at this present time there is a remnant according to the election of grace. Rom 11:1-5

One day ALL Israel will say: "blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord"! How do I know this? This is how:

“O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, but you were not willing! See! Your house is left to you desolate; and assuredly, I say to you, you shall not see Me until the time comes when you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the LORD!’” Luke 13:34-35

See, they will say this, even the Lord Jesus has said this, and then they will seek Him and shall mourn for Him in anguish and deep repentance as a nation. God forgives them for all their sins and for their backsliding, and remembers them no more; He washes them in the Blood of the Lamb so that they will be clean.

God allows the foundation of repentance, and allows a broken and contrite and humble spirit within them...so that they may repent, so that they may return to the God of their salvation fully, with a pure heart, and with clean and undefiled and holy hands - for the Lord will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon Him whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for Him, as one who mourns for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn. Is this not written in Zechariah the prophet?

Unbelief in Israel among the Jews will be cut off soon enough...a great and a terrible day - a time of Jacob's trouble...

Zechariah 13:8-9 (New King James Version)

8 And it shall come to pass in all the land,”
Says the LORD,

“ That two-thirds in it shall be cut off and die,
But one-third shall be left in it:
9 I will bring the one-third through the fire,
Will refine them as silver is refined,
And test them as gold is tested.
They will call on My name,
And I will answer them.
I will say, ‘This is My people’;
And each one will say, ‘The LORD is my God.’”

Seek of the Lord mercy for others in a gentle spirit, and consider yourself too, so that you are not ensnared by the wicked one. God has a purpose for the nation of Israel today, not to replace His spiritual Israel, which is His church, but to graft back into the Branch the unbelieving Jew, back into their own Branch (the Spiritual Israel)...and I believe this time will come during the Great Tribulation which is before us, even as the prophet Jeremiah has said: Alas! For that day is great, So that none is like it; And it is the time of Jacob’s trouble, But he shall be saved out of it.

2010/7/12 18:08Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: What or who is Israel?

I would suggest you listen to everything Art Katz has to say on the subject on this site. There is a treasure-house of wisdom to be gleaned.

2010/7/12 23:30Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re: What or who is Israel?

True circumsion is of the heart; &, he is a jew who is one in the heart. That was written in the New Testament somewhere I believe in 1 of Paul's epistles to the Church.

2010/7/13 2:23Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy