SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Survey: 7 in 10 Christian Households Eliminating, Avoiding Debt

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Survey: 7 in 10 Christian Households Eliminating, Avoiding Debt

While American consumers continue to worry about jobs and paying the bills, 7 in 10 Christian households reported in a recently published survey that they actively pay off their credit cards in full every month and nearly 8 of 10 Christian households said they continue to give ten percent or more of their income to local churches and ministries.

“It’s a sign that a growing number of people are learning to actively eliminate and avoid debt,” remarked Brian Kluth with Maximum Generosity, which conducted the second annual “View from the Pew” survey in cooperation with Christianity Today International. ...

read more: http://www.christianpost.com/article/20100711/survey-7-in-10-christian-households-eliminating-avoiding-debt/index.html

2010/7/12 1:53Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Survey: 7 in 10 Christian Households Eliminating, Avoiding Debt

That is good news. Who wants to live in debt?

We have God to thank for freedom, in more ways than one.

2010/7/12 4:26Profile
utilizer001

Oregon

When I started standing for my marriage, and I returned to the Lord whom I had left, I started tithing again. I was suddenly left with a house payment that my one income could handle, but things would be tight. Then my workplace closed their doors and I was back to delivering pizza.

One of my pizza making co-workers was living with me, and despite the fact that we were both making minimum wage, God blessed us as we faithfully set out tithe aside for Him, off the top, each payday. The math doesn't really add up when i look back at it, but we were never had to be late on a bill, and we didn't go any further in debt than either of us already were.

When it was time for my co-worker to relocate to help out his grandmother, God blessed me greatly with a job that was actually a $4/hr raise from the job I had lost.

Many times I have prayed, asking God if He wanted me to keep the house for when He restores my marriage, or if He wanted me to sell out and remove that debt. The only answer I ever got was that my bills continued to be paid, and that the debts I had accrued before Jess left, were slowly shrinking.

The new job has allowed me to get rid of all debt aside from the house, and I no longer use any credit cards, at all.

It is rather liberating to follow God's commands on finances. I'm not sure why I shared that. But maybe someone reading it will be encouraged to trust our good and gracious God.

Let Christ receive the honour for this, as no human hands helped out save my co-worker. And he had less to help out with than I had.

Jason Smith

2010/7/12 7:22Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

To me this article spoke to me that God perhaps is giving his saints some wisdom for the hard times coming and is enabling them to prepare themselves.

2010/7/12 10:35Profile
Nellie

We can never out give God.
He meets all our need, according to His riches in Glory, by Christ Jesus.
God Bless all.
Nellie

2010/7/12 11:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy