SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Lost salvation

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Needhope

Lost salvation

Is there anyone out there who feels as thpough they have lost their salvation. I feel horrible. I have sinned so horribly while being born again. I was saved for about 15 years. I did not flee temptation. It has been a year now and I feel so lost. I have asked forgivness, repented, but I feel I did to much damage. I need help. I miss my walk with Jesus and the Love He put in my heart. Has anyone else experienced this? What did you do about it? Has your salvation ever been restored?

2010/7/7 13:42Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: Lost salvation

I have done just this, and felt hopeless as long as I focussed on my sin. God knows when we really are repentant and broken in our sinfullness, or if we just want a fix to a situation we are in. However if we really are ready to forsake our sin we can focus on Him and be free.

Phl 3:13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but [this] one thing [I do], forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

Rom 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

God showed me that we become like what we look at. If we focus on our failures, we become a failure. If we focus on Jesus, we become like Him.

2Cr 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, [even] as by the Spirit of the Lord.

The Lord showed me this way: I saw a bookshelf in front of a window. Half the shelf was in front of the window, and half in front of the wall. Both places had identical crysal vases. The one in front of the window was illuminated by the sun that shown through it, the one in front of wall was barely visible because all you could see was the wall paper behind it.

He showed me people who watched TV all the time talk almost exclusively about the latest programs, those who read the stock market, talk about stocks. Those who are on witchhunting missions, see evil all around them.

We become like what we look at:

Phl 4:8 ¶ Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things.
9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

1Jo 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

God also showed me a darkened room. Someone turned on the light and the darkness disappeared. The darkness was still there, but the surpassing brightness of the light swallowed up the darkness. When we saturate ourselves with His word, with worship, with prayer and fellowship with solid believers, we will see our darkness grow dimmer and dimmer. However if we step away from the light our darkness remains.

1Jo 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Jhn 11:10 But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him.

Eph 5:8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now [are ye] light in the Lord: walk as children of light:

I repented of my backslidding and am pressing into all He is. My joy and peace is restored, so can yours be, and should be, as long as you are truly wanting to be really set free from the sin that has bound you. Some of us feel guilty about our sin, but still like it. It won't be until we truly hate it that we will find lasting victory.

I pray total deliverance for you.

2010/7/7 14:05Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

i moved this thread since it did not fit the sermonindex support category.

2010/7/7 14:36Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Needhope:

Let me offer some encouragement. God's willingness to forgive is not based on the amount of damage you may have done nor the depths of the sin you may have committed. It is based on His love for you and revealed through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ to purchase your forgiveness. You see, you have already been forgiven. Your appropriate what has already been done for you through repentance and acceptance of His forgiveness.

I have learned that none of us are really that different from each other. There are many who have fallen into sin since being born again, and have returned and repented, finding forgiveness for their sin and renewed relationship with God through what Jesus did. Many have experienced what you are feeling, but those are your emotions and not the truth of the Word of God. I want to encourage you to accept the forgiveness that has been offered, and in doing so allow God to give you the same grace for yourself that He offered to you. I still regret sin's committed after I was born again, but I am forgiven and I walk in that forgiveness totally free from that sin.

2010/7/7 16:42Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

Jeff Noblit has a audio sermon here titled, "Apostasy & The Unpardonable Sin." I would suggest you listen to it; although, realize that though your condition is urgent friend, the arm of the Lord isnot too short to save. Seems God has spared your life up until now, & has been graciously patient with you. Keep seeking Him while taking all your thoughts captive to the obedience of Christ, & confessing your sins as they come to mind. Don't give up on God again my friend.

2010/7/7 16:52Profile

Re:

Needhope:

1.) How many sins had you committed when Jesus gave His blood to take away your sin?

2.) How many of your sins did He die for nearly 2000 years ago?

It isn't the outward wrong doings we call sins that is the problem. it is the nature to sin -(like focusing on our sin instead of our Saviour)- where the problem lies.

Start focusing on Jesus and His death and burial. You have been adopted into God's family. Be faithful to recognize that Jesus crucifixion, burial, and resurrection as your own. (Romans 6, but when you read it, instead of the word baptised, consider it the word immersed, because that is the principle of the matter expressed--water has no special effacy.

WE see ourselves dead and buried with Him, and we walk in the spirit of His resurrection life through likeminded consideration of the same things.

when we die to ourselves, He provides the ability to walk in His new life. It's an ongoing process and not only a onetime thing.

Instead of continually confessing sin: confess your sin yes, then thank Him for what Jesus has already done in you. Tell Him you trust Him to continue what He has begun in you.

(Continue to thank Him in everything and you will notice that frown turns upside down from your inside out.)

Mk. 8:34-38

The peace of God shall fill your heart thinking, walking and talking Jesus Christ's death, burial, and resurrection.

God Bless You in a huge way,
gregg
Jn 14:23, 15:5, 16:33, 17:17

2010/7/7 17:55
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Needhope,

Brokenness is good, godly repentance is good, but let it bring you to Him and to rejoice in His embrace, there will be strength over temptation. Temptations will always be there but victory is in Him. Don't let the enemy make you think that you should be over this temptation.

And don't let Satan lie to you that you must first get it right before you come to God. Don't elevate your faults over the cross. Don't make a bunch of promises that you'll do better but trust in His promises, appropriate them.

In Christ,

Ron

2010/7/7 19:32Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

I would very much recommend listening to Richard Baxter's "Directions to a sound conversion" found at sermonaudio.com friend, & read, digesting, the helpful books of Henry Scougal's "Life Of God In The Soul Of Man" & Bayly's "Practice Of Piety" found @ ccel.org for free. May God continue to be gracious to you as you seek a "full" conversion; may it be yours for His glory.

2010/7/8 4:48Profile
Giggles

Re:

Thanks for the Bayly book tip Yeshuaaboy. Look forward to mining that one for a bit.

2010/7/8 9:41Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

Their is a a small book written by Zac Poonen from Ravens Ministry called the purpose of failure What to do when you hit rock bottom. It is perfect for your situation, i will get the link and you can order it.
http://www.cfcindia.com/web/mainpages/bookshelf.php

You know i didn't see it on the ones they showed so if you order it just ask them for the one i told you about, unless you can find it on the site, he also had a time in his life where he fell in his christian walk so it should encourage you.

2010/7/12 19:26Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy