SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : What do I Still Lack? – Leonard Raven hill

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Chicku

Bangalore

What do I Still Lack? – Leonard Raven hill

I find it humbling, inspiring, and challenging to recognize that the greatest saints who ever lived did not have a bigger Bible than I have. They just knew it better. Indeed, they had far less of the divine Revelation. Today we have the complete message of God to man. He has nothing more to say to us. As the old hymn says, "What more can He say than to you He hath said?" God has no "P.S." to add to the book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ.

For years the Holy Scriptures were wrapped up in tongues that only the scholars could read. "There was no open vision in those days" (I Sam. 3.1). Then, blessed day, the whole counsel of God was released in our mother tongue. With this unveiling came the glad news of the priesthood of believers -- Hallelujah!
With all this limitless resource to inherit in this life, why then, O why, do we settle for minimum spirituality? These scriptures just quoted shatter all our excuses for carnal Christianity and explode all our feeble bumper-sticker excuses on bumper-sticker evangelism: "Christians are not perfect, just forgiven." (Some backslider must have written that one.)

Sinning is not permitted to believers. "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin." (I John 3:9) Not that it is impossible to sin; but it is, by the blood of Christ and the indwelling Holy Spirit, possible not to sin. John again shouts the triumphant note, "Greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world." (1 John 4:4)

God, then, has made it possible for you and me to have victory over the world, the flesh, and the devil!

That holy band of "Heroes of Faith" in the eleventh chapter of Hebrews staggers me. They had no Bibles, no millions of cassettes as we have, no Bible seminars, no daily radio Bible teaching, and (fortunate souls) no Gospel T.V. preachers whining about lack of funds. (When did the Lord run out of supplies?) Yet what things these folks in Hebrews 11 accomplished: subdued whole kingdoms -- (O that some person rich in faith could subdue the worldwide kingdom of the drug trade)-- wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions. What miracles, what men, what faith!

These "pattern" folks of our faith did not get to the heights in one leap:

"They climbed the steep ascent to Heaven
Through peril, toil, and pain.
O God, may grace to us be given,
to follow in their train."
Asked why he was used of the Lord so greatly in China, Hudson Taylor replied, "God had looked long for a man weak enough, and He found me." He takes the weak things of the world to confound the mighty. Spiritual wisdom does not come with years; neither does maturity. The key to both is obedience. Whatsoever He saith unto YOU, do it.

An insatiable thirst for God will produce an unquenchable love for holiness (as He is Holy), resulting in a passion for the lost.

2010/7/6 6:09Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: What do I Still Lack? – Leonard Raven hill

What do we still lack?

We lack obedience to God, and trust in His word.

But, thanks be to God, if we are faithless, He remains faithful, He cannot deny Himself, 2 Timothy 2v13.

Glory to God.

2010/7/6 7:45Profile
Goodwill

Re: What do I Still Lack? – Leonard Raven hill

Chicku, we lack Love. Love. That's the key to the Christian life. Paul put it quite well and eloquently but, in short, it all come down to how much love we have for the devine. My whish is that we would all Love more. With it, Satan would tremble, without it, he will laugh at us, just like he seems to be doing now. But then again, the true church is marching on victoriously, and those saints love much, that much i know. We must not forget that. "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."

2010/7/6 8:29Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

John 14v15, If you love Me, keep My commandments.'

We are to love God above everything, even our very lives. If we love Him, we will obey Him and keep His commandments.

As it says in James, faith without works is dead, James 2v17. So we can say we love, but where is the proof?

Do we weep over the lost? Those we know and those we don't know?

Do we bear one another's burdens? Or are we too selfish to bear the burden of another?

We are not our own we are bought with a price, 1 Cor 6v20.

Live for God's glory.

2010/7/6 9:03Profile
Chicku

Bangalore

Re:

"We are not our own we are bought with a price"

I think most of the time we forget that "we are not our own."
Or else we would have obeyed our Master's commandments...

2010/7/7 0:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy