SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Money Changers

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
kufreabia

Money Changers

When I got saved in Nigeria, I loved TBN. After a few short months of studying my Bible, I began to be so selective of whom I listened to.

I am mostly afraid of all the black Preachers (eg Juanita Bynum and TD Jakes) on TBN. They give all this "wonderful" teachings on Sanctfication and what not, and it is hardly ever practical because it is mere OT theology, and you do not see the liberty (2Cor 3: 7-17). Personally, I believe I can interprete the scriptures they use better than them. Yet when I discuss with people, I use simple NT teachings. Then nobody gets to scream, but we all get to submit.

I love Charles Stanley though. He is so simple and gentle. I also love Way of the Master. 8-)

Well, Now I am in the US, and I do not even have a TV in my house. My bible and I, God teaches me. No need for deceptions.

BTW, has any of you ever considered that what we get for free on sermon index is a thousand times more valuable than the so-called offers on these religious channels? :-)

This false preaching was in Paul's day. It will continue going on till Jesus' glorious day, but Paul says:

For we are not as the many, corrupting the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God, speak we in Christ. (2Co 2:17)

Amen!

2004/10/22 13:20Profile
jeremyhulsey

Re: Money Changers

Brother it appears you've discovered what we all love about this site. :-)

2004/10/22 13:27Profile
moreofHim

Re: Money Changers

Blessings to you, Kufre!

Sounds like you know who to follow. I am amazed at the people I come across who watch religious t.v. all the time. I think too many people rely on people to give them the gospel and don't read the Word for themselves. I am also amazed how many, many teachers and preachers take the scriptures out of context- and this is not only in charasmatic circles. I experiencd this last weekend at the Nouthetic Counseling conferance as well. They use it for their own purposes and meaning. Too bad, so sad.

In Him, Chanin

2004/10/22 13:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy