SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Support : videos to mp3's?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
hredii

Fresno CA

videos to mp3's?

There was a post here about cassettes to mp3, but I am wondering if there was anyone that knows how to convert videos to mp3's? Mainly DVD and windows media player videos.

Thank you for the help

2004/10/22 12:37Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: videos to mp3's?

If you are looking to convert from a DV cam to the computer or the VHS tape to the computer considering getting this hardware:

ADVC-100
http://www.canopus.com/US/products/advc-100/p m_advc-100.asp

I just bought a PCI firewire card for $28CAN and the ADVC box works and does all the hard work and just sends the video and audio through the firewire where even on my cheapo celeron machine I can capture the video. I finished 3 vhs tapes so far at quite a good quality and the file sizes seem reasonable.

This product is abit expensive but will suffice if you don't want to buy a new super computer for video capture.

2004/10/22 13:23Profile
hredii

Fresno CA

Re:

Thanks for the information Greg. I was wondering if there is a way to take some of the video sermons found on sermon index and convert them to just audio. Actually I myself need to get a firewire card. I bought a video camera to video witnessing encounters and Street preaching, and put it on video or DVD for the edification of the body. I got everything set up to make them but the firewire card.

2004/10/24 2:29Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Thanks for the information Greg. I was wondering if there is a way to take some of the video sermons found on sermon index and convert them to just audio.

Here is a way to convert high quality wmv videos on SermonIndex to DVD:
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=2437&forum=35]Sermon to DVD Help[/url]

As for converting a video to audio, you would need to use the Windows Movie Maker software or I think more appropriately Windows Media Encoder which is a free download from the windows site. Do note it does take away for files to convert especially if you are on an older computer.

2004/10/24 7:59Profile
hredii

Fresno CA

Re:

Again Thanks for the new information Greg! It worked and it was really fast. It took 4 min to change a 1 hour and 40 min video sermon from your site, to change it to audio. That is exactly what I wanted to do. You don’t know how much this means to me.

If you need any help transferring some of your videos that you have posted on your site into audio I am ready to help.

2004/10/24 19:27Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Sure Brother! If you notice any video sermons that do not have audio counterparts then that would be a great service. I am trying to get all audio files on the site to a standard of the [b]mp3 format at 32kps 16,000hz mono[/b], let me know if you can do this and I will be more than happy to get those audio files up that you do. Do you know how to use an FTP program?

2004/10/24 21:47Profile
hredii

Fresno CA

Re:

No I do not know how to use a FTP program. I do not even know what that is? Sorry. I know how to get the file to mp3 format at 32kps, but I do not know what 16,000hz mono is? Sorry. You see I am still new to the computer thing. I am quickly learning though. So if you could tell me I could probably learn.

2004/10/24 22:15Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
No I do not know how to use a FTP program. I do not even know what that is? Sorry. I know how to get the file to mp3 format at 32kps, but I do not know what 16,000hz mono is? Sorry. You see I am still new to the computer thing. I am quickly learning though. So if you could tell me I could probably learn.

If you can get it to 32kps that should be fine. The file sizes should not be over 20mbs large. As for the ftp program if you download one here (CoffeeCup Free FTP 3.0):
http://www.tucows.com/preview/195147.html

And then private message me and I will reply back with the server information you will need to connect to the sermon server so you can upload the mp3 files from your computer to my server. This will simply require you to "add" a new server in the package and fill in the host server ip adress username/pass and thats about it. The program itself is quite self-explantory and you will see a window for the server and a window for your computer and once connected to the server you simply upload the file from your computer side to the server.

2004/10/24 23:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy