SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Mark Driscoll: A Continuing Saga in the Emergent Church Movement!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

If we're not established firmly in our Christian principles as our forefathers of the faith were, we very well will end up being tossed to and fro by every wind of doctrine that comes along.
This young generation has the God-given right to see men and women of Christ's cross live amongst them as living epistles, having not only the words of godliness in their mouths, but also the power written across their lives.
People going to the steeple-houses and are being told that they're saved by ministers just because they believe there is a Christ! They are not told to count the cost, deny themselves, love God more than father or mother, husband or wife, with all their hearts, soul, mind, and strength, turn away from their evil companies, burn their evil music, etc. No wonder they fall away as quickly as they come in.
If they have any discernment over spiritual issues they are told to not judge it, but to forbare some false doctrine or form of hypocrisy. God help us! This leaven is making the whole lump rise in the spirit of anti-christ.
God help us to think, lest many walk to and fro with an evil mark on our foreheads that refracts any Light from renewing our minds.
The church in the west must press on, going from strength to strength in the faith that liveth forever and ever!
To think we can repent when we want, that it isn't a gift of God, and continue sinning habitually with no reproof and check of conscience, tells God, "I will do what I will do."
Deeper the fallow ground of our hearts must be plowed, our lives over-turned, our old natures be put off and despised.
Let everyone examine themselves to see if they really be in the faith. Let us have nothing come between us and our Maker whom holds all power in heaven and on earth to strengthen us in this evil day for His glory, for His purpose. Thick darkness covers this land. Get up on the High Rock and let your Light shine.

2012/2/2 18:49Profile
Yeshuasboy

Re:

And I hope to God jimp Mark's heart will be, if not already radically transformed by the grace of God.
But I say this in truth - if a man were to say to me, and it has happened, that I've done stupid things, sinful things, in my past while even knowing better, being an honest man, I agree with them. But at the same time, I never once at those times professed to be either a christian nor a minister sent by God. Does that make me better than Mark? No. God only knows the end from the beginning.

2012/2/2 19:07Profile
learjet

Re:

Quote:

"Don't judge, don't judge!" Peter was converted and made a mistake siding with the jews because of his fear of them, and Paul boldly rebuked him for such a thing. How much more should a man be rebuked that is unconverted and has a false heart and doesn't tremble at the Word of God, but lives in such a way that his gospel has only a form of godliness, but no power?

You are kidding right?

Paul did the exact opposite of what you did here, he judged the action, not the man. This is the type of judgement that the Lord was talking about when He said 'don't judge or you'll be judged' (Mt 7:1), judging men. What an amazing gift of discernment you have, heck Paul even said that 'didn't even judge himself' yet you can tell us the state of Mark Driscoll's spiritual life from afar.

Quote:
This, then, is how you ought to regard us: as servants of Christ and as those entrusted with the mysteries God has revealed. Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful. I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. 5 Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of the heart. At that time each will receive their praise from God. -1 Corinthians 4:1-5

Humor me and go read 'The Parable of the Weeds' (Matthew 13:24-30; 13:36-43 the explanation) and pay attention to what Jesus says when they ask Him if He wants them to pull the weeds up.

OR read the parable of the net in Mt 13:47-52.

Now WHO DOES THE SORTING? It says about 5 times in those 2 parables THE ANGELS do the sorting.

Quote:

After being away from this these forums for a few years, some of you, by your words, I would think you are still worshipping a little jesus, your own image constructed out of your own wicked imaginations.

More amazing discernment, now I have a wicked imagination!

Quote:
I would think some of you who have been listening to the sermons on here for years now still do not "know" what righteousness is - God's righteousess,

I know righteousness, I am the righteousness of of God, In Christ Jesus. This righteousness gives me the ability to sniff out self(false) righteousness.

Quote:

You, who think you see these things, but go on living a loose lifestyle, and think that in the end God will say to you, "Well done, good and faithful servant" deceive your ownselves! God enable your seared conscience to be enlightened with His grace and power so it speaks now to you, before it speaks to you in the darkness of eternity for as long as God lives.

More amazing discernment, now I live a 'loose lifestyle'...

Here's a Proverb about 'projection' and what you are projecting on others:

Quote:
"As in water face reflects face, so the heart of man to man." -Proverbs 27:19

The reflection that you see in that mirror (our 'evil hearts') is a reflection of you.

You have an issue with the teachings (and any honest person can read through the first post and tell he's not 'teaching' these things) fine, point out the teaching. 'Play the ball, not the man' is what this forum is supposed to be about.

Going into all of this ridiculous, graceless garbage about a man that you have never spoken with or been around is a joke, and as I mentioned earlier I'm not even a big Driscoll fan.

2012/2/2 19:52Profile
Yeshuasboy

Re:

Learjet, you've been trying to taunt me with sarcasm for a while now. But, by God's grace I'll die to it.
Sarcasm - rooted in pride.
If you have more discernment than me that's great; it's none of my business. That's between you and God.
I already pointed out what I pointed out about the man learjet. I said my piece about it.
You took what I said personally; That's obvious by your last comment. I did indeed submit about 5 comments already in response to this post - what I take personally, I already said what that is.
I'm not fishing for applauses here - I'm saying what a danger it is to preach the gospel of Christ and call oneself a minister and teacher and then lead a people with such bad examples as Mark did in his past is destructive - those examples are in the original post as you probably know.
And I already said what I hope Mark's end will be - which is finishing the race well; but he can't finish well if he hasn't started already. I also said it is good for the saints to pray for the man.
How can one follow Christ if they're not self-denying first?
And yes their are people on this site, and in steeple-houses that hear sermon upon sermon for years and never grow in the grace of God - and I cannot help but think such a condition is a fearful one.

2012/2/3 22:06Profile
learjet

Re:

Quote:
How much more should a man be rebuked that is unconverted and has a false heart and doesn't tremble at the Word of God, but lives in such a way that his gospel has only a form of godliness, but no power?
After being away from this these forums for a few years, some of you, by your words, I would think you are still worshipping a little jesus, your own image constructed out of your own wicked imaginations.

Those are YOUR WORDS brother, first you tell us that Mark is "unconverted and has a false heart" then you come back with "you are still worshipping a little jesus, your own image constructed out of your own wicked imaginations."

Now, when you are called out on it, your response is 'quit picking on me'?

The title of the book that most of the quotes are taken from is called 'Confessions', not 'things that I've done that I'm really proud of'.

It's amazing to me that you can slander another person, (THAT YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW, AGAIN) and feel no remorse about it, at all.

Guess what? There are plenty of people selling books with teachings that I can't stand, I have ZERO problem saying their teachings are trash, but you won't hear me say 'that person is unconverted' again, THIS IS THE JUDGEMENT THAT THE LORD SPEAKS AGAINST, JUDGING MEN. And that is my only point in this whole thread.

If you don't like harsh words, and people 'picking on you' then why don't you look at YOUR OWN TONE FIRST? Neil's "crucify him" point was the exact word that was needed at the time to point out the lack of grace towards the man.

2012/2/3 22:48Profile

"Yeshuaboy"

i wrote "crucify him" as a REBUKE to tightly wound neo-pharisee religionists, who spend inordinate hours on the internet, trashing other saved sinners, when they can take that time, while there is still time, being of Profit to God.

instead of this terrible continous stream of SELF righteousness being spewed out on this forum, which seems to be the norm here lately..

the ONLY reason i came here at this hour 0720 AM, is to find the link to Duncan Campbell's sermon, "Heart Preperation for Revival", to send to a dear dear brother in the Lord, in Scotland, i have tarried with before in Holy Ghost prayer, and i wanted to ask him to partner with me in the Ministry of Travailing Prayer, begging God to come down in Sovereign Power in my district, where there is much 'dry wood' to burn for Jesus.....

and i saw this terrible thread rearing its ugly head, and find you leading the "charge of the light brigade of neo-pharisee's"....you should be ashamed of yourself for hectoring and eviscerating other saved sinners and brothers like you are doing, have you no fear of the Judgement Seat?...i do.

its gotten SO BAD here, that i would be terrified to lead anybody that is outside the Love of Jesus, to this site. The audio sermon library?...Bless God, but the forum?

no! i would be afraid an outsider would look at this whole tired sinsoaked mess, and ask, "why would i EVER want to be like THEM?"...the world is supposed to look at us and marvel, "look how they love one another".

THE LORD REBUKE YOU.

2012/2/4 8:29

Venom

"It's gotten SO BAD here, that i would be terrified to lead anybody that is outside the Love of Jesus, to this site. The audio sermon library?...Bless God, but the forum?"

"No! i would be afraid an outsider would look at this whole tired sinsoaked mess, and ask, "why would i EVER want to be like THEM?"...the world is supposed to look at us and marvel, "look how they love one another".

THE LORD REBUKE YOU."....HEZWELLING...Neil .....

It's really not that bad here, especially if you could tolerate others who may disagree with you. Isn't it an act of love to defer another's difference for the sake of Peace? This is a discussion forum, with masses of unknown people, all with opinions and their discernment.

Your problem, and it is a problem, is that you want to assassinate every one who crosses you and your opinions. You do this with obvious anger, [ hatred too strong? ] over and over, and ultimately get yourself all worked up and boil over.

So, Who is sin-soaked? Where is the poison coming from? Oh...everyone else. As you have done before, why can't you just bow out silently from the forum and defer from leaving the "deposit" you evidently deem so necessary?

Driscoll needs to be warned against, and it needs to be said; according to the Word, and the facts, and his own words, he is a heretic; many, many have done so. You disagree. I can live with that, but can I say what I say without the venom?

Try an apology...it'll be OK.

2012/2/4 11:05
hoohoou

Texas

Re: Venom

BrotherTom, I think the point that Neil is getting at is the overwhelming propensity to attack the "man" and not the ball.

When statements are made that go beyond disagreement into questioning the commenter's salvation there is a problem.

There's a way to try to bring a perceived sin to someones attention without saying they have a demon or jumping to other similar conclusions. I think sometimes saying less can say a lot more in the long run.

I think we sometimes try to BE the Holy Spirit rather than letting the Holy Spirit do what is His job to do which is to convict. God knows what He's doing.

There just seems to be a lot of attacking of people and jumping to spiritual conclusions as to ones salvation. I think we can get our point across without doing that.

2012/2/4 12:18Profile
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Re:

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2Pe 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

Rom 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

Mar 13:5 And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive you:

At what point is it appropriate to speak up and expose false teachings? If I am getting the gist of some of the contributors here, they would have us be quiet and allow wolves to continue leading souls to the gates of hell. If one does not point out obvious error in a supposed Christian teacher, then I believe that person carries some of the blame for the false teaching . Why do some here insist on giving conflicting advice to scripture about exposing obvious error? Scripture is full of warnings about false prophets and teachers, and I am grateful for the people who have helped me over the years to recognize false teachings. The best defense against false teachers is to be in the scripture and in prayer daily. Blessings Greg

2012/2/4 14:47Profile
roadsign

Re:

I see two kinds of concerns being addressed here:

1) the tar-and-feather pharisaical approach to an alleged sinner
2) a person's alleged doctrinal error

I can accept that both ought not to be tolerated. But, generally speaking God’s people have a tendency to tolerate the first far more than the later – and even feed it.

The alleged error of another person provides a handy cover-up for our own hypocrisy and our fleshly lusts for power and self-righteousness well-propped with bible verses. It makes us feel good. If we have a victim to crucify, we can feel better about ourselves.

Jesus and the biblical writers vehemently condemned the first of these two sin problems - not unlike Neil’s unabashed literary style. I support Neil’s rebuke. It flows from a conscience sensitized to the heart of God.

Whenever a concern for another’s error becomes merged with our own fleshly drives, then our own sin is our true business. The other person’s sin is not our business priority – especially when a monstrous “log” occludes our eyesight. We merely end up hacking and stabbing wildly. And worse: The alleged “error” becomes fodder for a tantalizing orgy of the mind. Let’s admit, a Christian version of the National Inquirer will draw the hordes. We can be assured of having readers. Controversy is enticing.

O may God awaken our conscience and sensitize it to the lusts of the fleshly-driven mind - including that possible weakness in potential viewers – lest this site become a cesspool for perverted minds.

Diane

2012/2/5 7:26Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy